Agents in Training

Earlier, when almost all of us got our minds warped from Wanda, it was the Hulk who got slapped the most. He literally smashed the whole African village, and if it weren't for Iron Man, more damage would have been caused.

It was then that I realized we didn't bring Bucky with us to this mission. Thinking back, it's better this way. Having to handle him too would have been for Steve and me too much of a toil with the prior situation.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air," Maria affirms through the speaker, making me face Tony.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony inquiries as soon as he settles inside the jet.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

Tony peeks at me, then everyone else. "Everyone's..." His brows knitted together. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

Agent Hill recommends, "Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?" Tony scoffs and walks to the cockpit.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

Tony sighs, "Neither do we." With that, he ends the call and switches off the monitor before he speaks with Clint.

My hand goes through my hair and take a deep shaky breath when I feel my lower abdomen pulsate. It doesn't hurt but I guess the hit by the kid plus the abortion yesterday don't harmonize well.

"Are you alright, my love?" Without risking a look at Loki, I nod. "The last time I've seen you go sallow was when we encountered the Swiss scientist snared in the device."

My body tenses up at that as my mind wanders back to what I've seen. Being trapped in the cell, Red Skull plays wicked games with my love towards Loki. Seeing him in so much pain, caused by me and also not. Either way, one day soon, it will tear him apart. But as the highest god of my pantheon said, I should tell him.

Speaking of Amun, my conviction in knowing my purpose on Earth sinks to a zero-sum. He told me that I should reconsider my task. It was cryptic, and putting the puzzle pieces together was harder than I thought. I doubt everything my father has ever told me, it doesn't make any sense to me anymore.

I tilt my head to look up and ask, "Loki, what do you know about my pantheon?"

His brows furrow together, slightly in surprise at me asking him that kind of question. Loki regains his composure, looking deep into my eyes as he clears his throat.

"I've heard about Khonshu, the moon god. If you believe the legends, he can bring the warriors back to life. In that case, I suppose the tale was always about you. Your pantheon has just as many divinities as ours to compare with." Loki sighs. "I must admit, darling. I do not know much about the ancient Egypt."

I hum in response, zoning off into my thoughts as I stare into nothing.

"Why the sudden uncertainty?"

I shake my head to get back to our conversation. "What makes you think to think of that?"

Loki smiles mischievously as he lays a hand on my cheek. He turns my face so I stare directly into his emerald gems as if he doesn't want me to try lying. And if I'd lie, he'd detect it right away.

I gulp, afraid that he might had a glimpse into my mind, considering that my barrier got shredded by that girl and our powers still somehow connected.

"Commonly, you would either tell a travesty, get infuriated, or ignore my question. Rather, you drifted to an utterly complete question." I hold in a sigh of relief when he explains it to me. "I am very aware, my love, of you trying to tell me what the little witch showed you. And I am here to listen whenever you feel inclined."