02. dinner time

chapter two, dinner time

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter two, dinner time

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

After Jeremiah and Rosalie spent their time on the beach, they went back to the summer house to eat dinner with the family.

Now they are currently eating dinner in the dining room.

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket" Laurel demands.

"It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces" Susannah adds.

"Can dinner be a screen-free zone? You know, like the olden days" Camille laughs.

Belly and Rosie roll their eyes with a smile.

"Steven" Jere says, trying to gain his attention. As he doesn't respond he takes Steven's phone and throws it across the room.

"Dude, are you kidding me?" Steven exclaims.

"Boom! Nailed it" he cheers.

"Okay, okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out" Steven says annoyed.

"Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a better body than you" Belly says and Rosie nods in agreement.

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now. Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits" Steven defends himself.

The others laugh. "Sure, sure. Tailored suits"

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" Steven asks Conrad.

"Uh, he quit football" Jere replies.

"Wh... Wait, really? You quit?"

"Mm-hmm" Conrad hums, looking bored and a little uncomfortable.

"Are you kidding me, man? I'd-I'd kill to play college ball" Steven tries to lighten up the mood.

"He can always change his mind."

"I'm not gonna change my mind. I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyways"

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore, what are you gonna do all summer?" Camille questions interested.

"Oh, dude, you can work at the club with me and Jere" Steven exclaims.

"Yeah. I'm not gonna work at the club."

"Wait, you guys are working this summer?" Belly asks. She has no idea that her brother and best friend are going to work expect for Rosie, since she had been calling Jere every weekend.

"Yeah, I'm lifeguarding, and Steven's working at the snack shop" Jere answers.

"Oh, Belly, Rose, I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you two" Susannah exclaims and she stood up chuckling.