05. tea with the debs

chapter four, tea with the debs

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rosalie and Belly had spend their entire day shopping with their moms and Susannah.

Susannah and Camille spent ridiculously amount of money on the girls, Laurel didn't have to worry about anything.

The girls tried on every possible thing they could find, buying the outfits for the tea party, even with a fascinator and Susannah even found a dress for Belly for the debutante ball, Camille exclaiming that she already has a dress for her daughter.

. • ° • ▪︎ ☆ ▪︎ • ° • .

Laurel is driving Rosie and Belly to the club were the tea party is taking place.

"Thanks, Mom", "Thanks, Laurel"

"Sure. Belly? I just want you to know that if you decide you hate it or if the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me. I promise I won't say I told you so and the same goes for you Rose" Laurel says.

"We'll be fine" Belly and Rosie answer at the same time.

"Use our code phrase, and I'll be right there.You remember it from when you were little, right?"

"Lemon Jelly Belly"

"Lemon Jelly Belly" Laurel repeats and adds "Have fun" and she drives off.

As the girls make their way to the club's entrance, they see Jeremiah walking with some towels.

"Hey!" Belly says, raising her voice a little.

"Jeremiah" Rosie yells and laughs at Jere's expression.

"Oh, my God. Uh, Rosie. Wow. I didn't even recognize you. Neither you Belly." Jere says, being awestruck at her appearance.

"Tell us the truth. Um, do we look like a fool?" Belly asks, seeing as Jere make no move to say something, still looking at Rosie like she is his personal goddess.

"Um... Uh, no, y-you look good. You look good. Um, let me walk you over" Jere stutters and laughs, trying to ease of the awkwardness.

As they start walking, Jere takes Rosie's and Belly's hand, leading them to the tea party. He keeps glancing at Rosie's and Belly's dress. Rosie is wearing a blue long dress with sleeves, that was covered with white dots. On her head she wears a white fascinator while Belly had a pink fascinator and she wears a blue, white dress with flowers covering it.