11. the dads arrival

chapter eleven, the dads arrival

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The Fourth of July in Cousins is all about traditions. Susannah decks out the whole house, the dads come up for the weekend, the boys and girls always bet you comes first and no matter what year, Rosalie's dad, Liam, is always the one that comes first. The boys steam clams and shoot off fireworks and this year Rosalie's and Belly’s friends attend their party as well.

As for right now, Rosalie is totally excited for her dad to come, as well as her mother. She is wearing a black and white dress, that matches Belly’s red and white one.

 She is wearing a black and white dress, that matches Belly’s red and white one

"Can I finish your milk?" Jere asks, pointing at Belly's bowl.

"Here"

Belly and Rosalie laugh. Conrad walks into the kitchen and asks, "Yo, I'm gonna go wash the clams. Did you get the lighter fluid? "

"Mm. Yeah, it's already on the beach" Jere responds.

"Are we done with the portrait yet?"

"Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven" Susannah compliments him.

"Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her" Laurel suggests.

"Ew. No way. No, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm already going with Shayla"

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel asks confused.

"Yes"

"As an escort?"

"Wrap your head around it, Mom, all right? Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her"

"That's wonderful. Oh, and don't forget, Ms. Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock"

"I'm asking Cam today" Belly says.

"I don't know my kids anymore" Laurel sighs and shakes her head.

"Wait, are you wearing makeup?" Rosalie asks, looking at her.