13. fireworks and kisses

chapter thirteen, fireworks and kisses

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

After Jeremiah, Steven and Rosalie set up the fireworks, Jere said goodbye to his dad since he said he needed to go because of a deal.

The family is gathered on the beach, Rosalie doesn't know where Conrad and Belly is but she doesn't care, all she is going to do is enjoy this moment with Jeremiah, them sitting slightly away from the family.

Rosie watches as Jeremiah lights up numerous fireworks.

"Wow this is amazing" she says, looking in the sky.

"It is" Jeremiah replies but his gaze is resting on her.

She turns to look at him, only finding his beautiful blue eyes looking straight at her. Their faces now only inches apart.

"You know what would make this day any better?" Jere asks, their bodies now turned to each other.

"What?" Rosie asks breathlessly, her eyes flickering to her lips, as his hand moves up to cup her cheek.

"A kiss" he responds, taking up the courage and leaning down to kiss her lips. He places his other hand on her hips and she in return places her hands on his chest.

They pull apart, leaning back with beaming smiles.

"You know, you're my best friend Rosie, but I always wanted it to be more" he starts, looking deeply into her eyes.

"I did too, Jere" she admits.

"Really?" Jeremiah asks surprised.

"Yeah, you know your mom always said we were meant to be"

"Oh I know, she kept telling me that on repeat, every time you went back home" he says, laughing.

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"So, uhm, you know now that we kissed and admitted that we like each other, would you, Rosalie Baker, do me the honor to be my girlfriend?" Jeremiah asks and takes out a rose behind his back, that he hid under his shirt.

Rosalie eyes widen, not having expected the question nor the rose.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend Jere" she replies with a smile and he smiles back.

Giving her a peck on the lips, lifting her up and spinning her around. Both of them laughing, being completely happy.

As he puts her down on the sand, they hear a whistle and clapping.

The newly couple turn around and saw their parents, alongside Steven cheering on them.

Rosalie groans and buries her face in Jere's neck, "please don't tell me they saw everything"

"I think they did, come on" Jere replies, laughing.

"What a perfect end for a night" Camille says playfully to her daughter and Jere.

"Oh you two are so cute" Susannah gushes and wraps her arms around them, happy that after so long they finally found each other and happy that she could experience it.

"I love you all so much" she says, wiping away a tear that escaped her eye.

"Don't cry mom, we love you too" Jere responds, smiling.

"I'm happy for you two, but Jeremiah don't you dare to hurt my daughter, do you understand?" Liam asks sternly but a smile was permanent on his face.

"Don't worry sir, I would never" he replies and smiling at his girlfriend.

"Oh man if you would have waited a week longer I would have won 20 bucks" Steven says.

"What?" Rosalie asks confused.

"Oh me and Belly bet when you two would come together" he replies, smiling sheepishly.

"Seriously? Where even is Belly?"

"She is with Conrad on the pier" Susannah replies, wiggling her eyebrows and everyone laughs, enjoying being one happy family and without a care on the world.

The colorful fireworks in the background illuminating the perfect end of a night.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you." —Elvis Presley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rosalie and Jeremiah are finally together!!

Spoiler for next chapter: "Do you love her?"

Thanks for all the views and comments :)
Stay safe <3