06. Laurel's book party

chapter six, Laurel's book party

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Camille, Susannah and Rosalie help Belly to get ready for her date with Cam. Rosalie already ready for Laurel's book party, wearing a white short summer dress.

 Rosalie already ready for Laurel's book party, wearing a white short summer dress

"You look really cute. You are gonna have so much fun tonight" Susannah gushes over Belly.

"We're just going to see a movie" she retorts and her mother enters the room.

"You look nice, hon" Laurel says as she walks in the room.

"I can't believe crop tops are back. Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" , she asks playfully and laughs.

"Have fun tonight" Camille says with a genuine smile.

"Are you not driving with us?" Laurel asks confused.

"Um... Didn't Belly tell you? She has a date" Rosalie responds.

"Sorry, Mom. Um, his name is Cam" Belly says with an apologetic smile.

"Yeah, his mom works at the club. Really nice boy, very smart" Susannah says, trying to persuade her best friends.

"Like, Harvard smart" Belly adds and laughs softly.

"It's fine. Of course you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years. Have a great date" Laurel says, trying to hide her little disappointment but it flows away as her daughter smiles brightly at her.

"Thanks"

"Do we need to talk about consent before you go?" , she asks playfully.