17. the debutante ball

chapter seventeen, the debutante ball

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rosalie is sleeping peacefully in her bed when the door cracks a little and her mother enters her room, sitting down next to her and rubbing her arm in order for her to wake up.

"Good morning, sweetheart" Camille says in a soft tone.

Rose groans and pulls the sheet over head, when she suddenly remembers that today is the deb ball, so she instantly sits up.

"Oh, my God. Am I late?" Rosalie asks, looking frantically at her mother and she chuckles.

"No, you're fine. Susannah is also waking up Belly, so you two have enough time but are you ready for your big day?"

"Yes I am but I'm worried, like what if I trip?", she asks her mother, not wanting this event to fail.

"You won't. Just hold on to Jeremiah's arm. He won't let you fall, he's your boyfriend after all" her mother responds and winks at her playfully.

"That's true" Rose chuckles.

"Did I push you into this? You can tell me the truth, just because I did it and was so happy about it, doesn't mean you have to as well" Camille asks, worried that she may have pushed her daughter.

"No, no you didn't, don't worry mom, I always wanted to do this since I was little and I want to make you happy, as well as Susannah" she responds with a genuine smile.

"I love you so much, my beautiful girl, I can't believe you're growing up so fast" she says, dramatically wiping a fake tear away.

"Okay mom, I think we should go downstairs" Rosalie chuckles.

"Oh and remember when they take your photograph, remember smile widely, flash them your best smile"

"Don't worry mom I will flash them away with my smile" she teases and they both laugh.

. • ° • ▪︎ ☆ ▪︎ • ° • .

The mother-daughter duo is walking into the kitchen, Rosalie going to Belly who is admiring her new dress.

"Wow Bells, isn't that the dress you wanted?", she asks shocked.

"Yes, yes it is, mom bought it for me" she replies, probably and she smiles back at her friend.

"Alright, Rose, Belly, you should get going. Oh, and everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling" Susannah says and sees Jeremiah entering the kitchen.

"Uh, can you put that in Laurel's car, honey?"

"Yeah"

"Hurry, hurry"