09. Nicole's party

chaper nine, Nicole's party

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The girls are walking up Nicole's massive house, no villa.

"Damn" Rosalie whispers, all the girls eyes widening.

As they enter through the front door, they see a guy sliding down the staircase. They see Nicole walking up to them.

"Belly, you came!"

"Hey, Nicole. You look so pretty" she replies with a smile.

"Oh, me? Look at you. Oh, my goodness. Are those real flowers?"

"Yeah they are" Rose responds with an ecstatic smile.

"Incredible. Well, we have to show Gigi" she says.

The Conklin and Baker girl nod but Taylor looks a little unconvinced.

"You want to come?"

"You have fun over there, I'm gonna go find a drink" Taylor responds with a tight lipped smile.

The other girls nod and Nicole leads them to another room with her friends.

"You guys, look who's here" she says with an enthusiastic tone and a bright smile.

The girls congratulate Belly and she thanks all of them, being a little overwhelmed by the kindness of everyone.

"Thank you, guys. Um, is this for me?"

"Who else would it be for, Belly?"

"Oh, my... Thank you, guys" she laughs.

"These cakes look amazing, Nicole" Rosalie compliments her.

"I never miss a chance to have a Sofia Coppola moment"

The girls laugh.

"Okay, well, Belly, make a wish"

"Yee, come on Bells"

She closes her eyes and blows the candles out, the girls cheer and Rosalie gives her a side-hug.

"Oh, Belly, where's Jeremiah?" Gigi asks, looking at her, ignoring Rosalie as she shifted uncomfortably.

Belly looks at her childhood best friend, no family, for a second and turns to look at Gigi, her awaiting her answer.

"Um, I think he's over by the drinks table" she responds a little unsure.

"Who's thirsty?"

"You, clearly"

The girls laugh and Rosalie chuckles a little awkward, looking around.

"I'm going to take some fresh air, I'll be right back Belly, have fun" Rose says when Gigi went to look for Jeremiah.