10. Escort found

chapter ten, escort found

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rosalie woke up and made her morning routine. Jere had drove Belly to the bus station since she wanted to talk to Taylor about what happened yesterday.

What Rosalie didn't knew was that Belly encouraged Jeremiah to take Rosalie to the deb dance.

Right now she's making her infamous Baker cookies with Susannah.

"So, do you already have an escort for the dance?" Susannah asks, looking at Rosalie while she measures the flour.

"No, I don't and I really don't know who to take, I mean Ryan is really nice but he isn't, uhm..."

"Jeremiah" she finishes her sentence.

"I, uh, w-what?" Rosalie stutters, heat rushing to her face.

Susannah chuckles, seeing her blushing and stuttering. She always told her and Belly that when they were born, she knew they were destined for one of her boys. Rosalie always hoped it would be Jeremiah Fisher, her and Jeremiah, Rosie and Jere.

"I know you like Jere, sweetheart and if you asks me, I would totally approve of you two" Susannah says and winks at her. Rosalie looks down, smiling.

"I don't know, I mean Jere said he wouldn't go to the dance" she replies, mixing up the ingredients.

"Oh, I believe he will" she answers, being a little cryptic. Rosalie drops the subject and prepares the sheet for the cookies.

Susannah portioned the dough on the sheet and Rosalie put it in the oven.

"Alright, now we only have to wait 15 minutes, I'm going to make the laundry" Susannah says.

"Do you need any help?"

"Oh no, you watch the cookies, we don't want them to burn"

. • ° • ▪︎ ☆ ▪︎ • ° • .

Rosalie just put the cookies on a plate, after they cooled off.

She hears the front door open and Belly and Jeremiah walking in.

"Hey guys"

"Oh my god, are these the famous Baker cookies, I'm seeing?" Jere asks, running to her and taking one.

"Yes they are but take it easy Jere" Rosalie chuckles and looks at Belly.

"So everything good between you and Taylor?"

"Yeah, we talked and I think we're good but have you seen Steven?" Belly asks, looking around.

"Oh yes, he's outside by the pool"

"Thanks" Belly responds and gives Jere a look that is saying, go ask her to the dance.

Jere clears his throat, "so, uhm, have you, ehm, do you have an escort for the deb ball?"

Rosie shakes her head, "Not yet but I, uhm, I wanted to ask you something"

"Really? Me too but go on" Jere replies, secretly hoping she wants him to go with her to the dance.

"I, uh, would you, uhm, would you maybe be my escort to the ball?" Rosie asks with a hopeful tone, fiddling with her hands.

Jeremiah smiles and takes a step forward, taking her hands in his.

"I would love to, that was actually my question too" he responds, smiling at her.

She looks at him, flickering her eyes to his lips, how would they possibly feel on mine?

She doesn't realize that Jeremiah is thinking the same and as they slowly start to lean in, they hear Steven walking in the kitchen, interrupting them again.

But this time they don't jump apart, they only lean back, their hands still intertwined.

"Oh hey sorry, am I interrupting anything?" Steven asks, looking between the two and the almost non available space between the duo.

"Don't worry Steven you didn't, Jeremiah is going to be my escort" Rosie exclaims.

"That's amazing, I already have a suit for you sweetheart" Susannah says, coming from behind them with a beaming smile.

"Mom, how long have you been standing there?"

"Oh I wasn't standing there, I was just walking by" Susannah replies casually.

The three teenagers laugh.

“Just thinking about you brings a smile to face, a twinkle to my eye, and a skipped beat to my heart.” – Ash Sweeney

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Oh Steven, always interrupting them but hey Jeremiah and Rosalie are going to the dance together <3

In the next chapter we will see Rosalie's dad coming for the 4th July party :)

I know this chapter is quite short but the next one will be longer

vote & comment