08. birthday dinner

chapter eight, birthday dinner

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The Conklin, Fisher and Baker family is sitting in the dining room, alongside Cam and Taylor. The girls wearing flower crowns, that Susannah made for them.

Jeremiah and Rosalie are acting like nothing happened, even when Steven is glancing between them from time to time.

"This is delicious" Cam says, complimenting the food.

"Of course it is" Susannah responds and winks at Rosalie, her helping the moms with the food.

"So, Cam. You mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asks, Rosalie and her mother sharing a glance, knowing that probably something stupid is going to come out of his mouth.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah, man. Feel free" Cam responds with a smile, being incredibly nice.

"That's funny. Cool"

"I'm glad you're here, Cameron. I know your mom, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you" Susannah says with a kind smile.

"Thank you so much for having me, Susannah. My mom says hi" he responds politely and she nods.

"Cam, have you ever had miyeok-guk before? It's a Korean birthday tradition" Laurel asks, showing him the food.

"No. Looks so good. Thank you"

"Belly told me you're vegetarian, so I didn't put any meat in it" she says and hands him the meal.

"Thank you, Laurel"

"Oh, geez. Why don't you eat meat, Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asks and Rosalie knows that this conversation isn't going to end well, so she decides to help Cam.

"Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming and I just, I like animals" he responds.

"Just don't come for my leather jacket" Taylor says playfully and chuckles.

"I'm pretty sure you mean pleather" Steven adds.

"You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat. So, you let her kiss you with those lips?"

"Guys. Stop" Belly says and Rosalie rolls her eyes.

"No, I don't judge people for eating meat. It's just, like, a personal choice. I don't care" he responds.

"I find that a really good choice. Even I try to eat less meat to protect the environment" Rosalie says, coming to Cam's rescue.

Jeremiah looks between them, not really liking the little conversion between them, so he asks, "So you don't mind if, uh, like, her lips touch a dead animal, and then those dead animal lips touch your lips, right?"

Rosalie and Belly are done with him, so they kick him in his leg.

"Ow"

"I don't mind at all. Um, in fact..." Cam says and kisses Belly on his lips.

"Aw"

Jeremiah and Steven pretend to throw up.

"All right. All right, all right. Belly's allowed to kiss, but that's it" Laurel says, laughing.

"Mom, please. No. You're so not funny. No more wine for you, okay?"

"I'm sorry. I just don't understand why anybody would want to kiss somebody who once fully shat in the bathtub" Steven says laughing.

Rosalie and Taylor glance at each other, knowing that they will pay him back.

"I was like two years old" Belly defends herself.

"Two? More like six. Six" he responds, alongside Jeremiah.

"Shut up, Steven. Steven"

"Aw, I remember that. God, that feels like a lifetime ago"

"Remember when Taylor visited last summer?" Rosalie asks with a fake thoughtful look.

"Oh yeah I remember that, you and you dared him to pee in the fireplace, and you stunk up the entire house for days. Do you remember that?" Taylor says and the others laught and Steven groans.

"I blamed the neighbor's cat. We were drunk. We were drunk. On like half a White Claw" Susannah chuckles.

"She got you there"

Rosalie and Taylor high-five.

"You know, um, I'm thinking maybe we should go to Nicole's party" Belly suggests.

"Yes. Oh, my God. I love you. I'm so excited" Taylor says.

. • ° • ▪︎ ☆ ▪︎ • ° • .

The girls are in Belly's room, getting ready for Nicole's party.

"Ow" Belly says, accidentally have been poking the mascara in her eye.

"Oh... It goes on your lashes, not in your eyeball" Rosalie suggests, with raised eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah, that's what I'm trying to do" she responds.

"Just let me do it. Tonight is gonna be so much fun" Taylor says, helping Belly with her mascara.

"Yeah, I just hope it's not a disaster like the last party I went to" she sighs.

"You went to one party for like 20 minutes. It barely even counts"

"Yeah, and I embarrassed myself in front of everyone" Belly says, remembering the first bonfire.

"No, you made people notice you. Enjoy it. Don't spoil it"

"I mean, I guess it was pretty badass having a black eye for a day"

"Exactly, now they know the badass Isabel Conklin" Rosalie cheers.

"Zero clumps. I'm a genius. Oh, we should totally wear these to the party" Taylor says, referring to the flower crowns the girls are wearing.

"Wh... I mean, Susannah got those as, like, a fun thing for my birthday dinner. Isn't it weird if we wear them out of the house?"

"No. It's hot. Look at us. We're hot-ass bitches"

All the girls look into the mirror smiling.

"Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight." ― Drake

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rosalie and Cam = new friendship unlocked

More Jere & Rosie content in the next chapter

Stay safe & have an amazing summer :)

vote & comment