25

Anna's POV
"So... have you texted Sage back?" I asked Taylor who was strumming her guitar.

"Nope don't care. If she was willing to make an effort than she can." She said.

"But- I think you should give her a second chance. I mean a lot of people are given a second chance." I said and she laughed.

"Why give a second chance when they gonna fuck it up." She mumbled.

I decided to leave her to her thoughts alone when I met Lily downstairs.

"Luckily Sage got her own ticket to come back down for the week. But it feels like she's not giving any effort." Lily said.

"Well.. it's okay. They'll be okay. You know long distance isn't fit for everyone." I said hugging her.

"I don't blame Taylor. I mean I would have been mad if you were flirting around and being drunk. I just hope that she is mad at Sage for the right thing such as not getting home safe and not communicating properly." She said and I rubbed my thumb over her back.

"Anyways... I have to go pick Sage up in about an hour. You wanna go get lunch?" She asked me and I nodded.

We went and got tacos as to going to the airport to see Sage. She was wearing her college sweatshirt coming down the hall.

"Sage over here!" Lily yelled as they hugged.

"I am so sorry. I didn't even mean to get drunk. I get drunk easily." She pleaded at me.

"I swear I was only meant to have one drink." She said.

"Sage don't apologize to me. Apologize to Taylor." I said and she nodded.

"Of course I will. I have her birthday present being sent over." She said and I was confused.

"What did you even get her." I mumbled and she shrugged.

"Nothing too big. I just saved up." She said.

"I just got her guitar. Okay leave me alone." She said grabbing her suitcase. We walked out and got into the car.

As we drive down to the house, Sage was right her package was on the porch. We brought it in and Sage just state she normal self.

"Sage you can take your jacket and scarf off." Lily said and Sage shook her head no.

She ran up to Taylor's room and the next 5 minutes was silent till we heard a door open.

"GET OUT!" We heard as me and Lily just looked at each other.

"Taylor wa-" Sage started to say before we heard a sharp smack making the both of our eyes widen.

"GO AWAY! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" Taylor shouted.

Than a door slamming shut.. with an echo throughout the house. I looked at Sage and what I saw was unbelievable.

Taylor's pov
"Happy Birthday!" Sage came crashing into my room.

"Oh hi. Sage." I mumbled putting my guitar down.

"Why are you all so dressed up." I mumbled taking her jacket off.

"Oh no need to take them off. I'm very cozy." She said.

"Sage it's like 90° in this house take it off. You can "cozy" up by the fire we can put on." I said as I locked the door in case if she wanted to change clothes.

"Nope very cozy. Plus my grandma made this scarf. I wanna keep it." She said.

"You can put it in your bag you know?" I said crossing my arms.

"Yeahh... it's just its a very soft scarf." She said.

I grabbed the long end of the scarf pulling it to reveal hickies on her neck. Dark recent hickies...

"I can explain! I promise give me a chance." She said.

"I was drunk. I couldn't control myself. But. I didn't have sex with anyone!" She said so proudly.

"And plus you got drunk on our trip to Florida with a stranger." She said.

"So if I'm being honest this makes it equal." She said.

"I DIDNT COME HOME WITH HICKIES ON MY FUCKING NECK! I ACTUALLY CONTROLLED MYSELF AND I NEVER HAD MY EYES ON HER!" I yelled.

"It was one drink. And I didn't even kiss her or make out. Such as you. And I blocked her number when you told me too." I said clearly stressed.

"THIS... THIS NEVER MAKES IT EQUAL." I yelled.

I unlocked and open my door pushing her out.

"GET OUT!!" I yelled at her and she looked guilty.

She is guilty. I know we aren't together but if she didn't want to be with me than she should have told me.

"Taylor wa-" she started to say. She was trying to get back in the room when I pushed her out and slapped her across the face.

"GO AWAY! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" I yelled before slamming the door.

Sage's Pov
I was trying to get back into the room as she ignored me and I could hear a slight loud music coming from her room.

"She won't let you in. She trusted you and you broke it." I heard seeing her dad.

"Fuck." I mumbled.

"I know what you do. You tried to drug her in the first place." I said.

"I would never. Now get out of my house." He said.

I walked down the stairs with a shame feeling on my shoulders and saw Anna and Lily.

"I Uh... I can't catch a flight home so I'll have to stay somewhere." I mumbled as they looked at me.

"Tch. You should sleep on the fucking streets." Lily said and I looked down.

"Here's the key to my house. Go tell them you need a place to stay for two days and than you never come back." She said and I nodded taking her keys.

I messed everything up... currently sitting in Lily's car has I groaned beating myself up for this mistake.