50

Taylor's Pov

Yeah I actually ended up having coffee with Anna. It would officially be meeting her after graduation.

Summer was coming up and Anna came down to visit her family. Right now I was sitting in a booth with a cup of coffee and Anna's on her side. She texted me that she may be late due to a bunch of traffic, but I don't blame her. Its the weekend.

"Fuck so sorry for being late." I heard seeing her sit down across from me.

She looked a little better than the last time I saw her. It was like she was mentally better and it just lightened up her life.

"Thank you for getting my coffee." She said sipping on it as I looked at her.

I think about and this is the person who told me that I needed help, and accused me for sleeping with her ex. If I had told younger me she probably would have cussed me out.

"You look really pretty." She mumbled when I realized I haven't said anything.

"Oh yeah, thanks. You do too." I said tapping my finger on the edge of the cup.

"How's the music industry treating you? I've heard all of your songs and they are amazing. You really racking up daily followers." She said initiating the conversation.

"It's doing really good. I'm shooting out another album soon and then taking a break from it for awhile. I think people got enough songs for now." I said as she smiled.

I never really realized that her smile is really pretty. The way it just fits her and it makes me smile a little bit.

"Your songs are trending on tiktok."

"Really? I'm not on tiktok that much." I mumbled playing with a straw wrapper.

"Yeah, I've used the songs myself." She said drinking more of her coffee.

"Hows your dad? My mom told me he got married." She said and I nodded.

"She's a really pretty person. Her name is Angela and she's really changed my dad. I think he really likes her." I said letting out a faint smile.

"That's great. I'm happy for the both of you."

Something about this feels weird. Less than two years ago we were going on wild car rides, and partying like there was no tomorrow. It feels weird, we both changed over the course of the years. Now it kinda feels like were strangers.

"I don't mean to take your time but, can we go somewhere and hang out? I get it if your busy." She said nervously.

"Where would we go? A lot of places around here is packed." I said and we made eye contact.

I never really got to take in the time to notice that her eyes are really pretty, like a sea green color mixed in with some blue.

"Uhm I realized that a new arcade place opened up." She said as we started to get up.

"Your car or mine?" She asked walking out.

"Well I walked here, so we can take yours." I said and she nodded. We started to walk to her car and it was a uncomfortable silence.

Whenever we did get in her car she plugged in her phone and started to back out. Music popped up and it was one of my songs. I looked at her and she softly sang along. It was like that... She had a near most of my songs downloaded into her playlists.

I smiled a little singing along with her. The silence that was uncomfortable started to feel comfortable and normal.

"How's Sage? I don't know if you seen her since." Stopping at a red light.

"Oh yeah she's good. I saw her on my birthday, She got me some more instruments to help me out." I said looking out around the streets.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here fro your birthday.." She said apologetically. I looked over and I can see guilt in her eyes.

"The managers at the house are strict. They want to make the most money and it's kinda draining." I've heard things about the house and how it was kinda toxic.

"You should come up to LA... Your music career can shoot off, I'd expect you got enough money to get a place there."

I've thought about moving somewhere. I don't want to be stuck in Michigan for the majority of my life. I was deciding from moving out of the country but I decided against it. Moving to a completely foreign place was not my cup of tea.

"Was thinking of moving somewhere after finishing the album... I don't know if I want to move to LA or New York, both are really good places, and I can easily get a job at the company my dad owes if I need money." I said fiddling with my keys.

That's right. Ever since my dad married Angela they have been traveling due to work. He has put his company out everywhere. One in Texas, New York, Los Angels and Las Vegas. His starting on the main city that people would enjoy and has already started projects in Arizona, Washington, and Colorado.

He's really working hard and gives him time to have with Angela and traveling. It makes me happy that he's not his old self and he even limited his alcohol unless it was needed or to be celebrated. He told me that  he was 4 months clean and I was proud of him.

"Well I'm here to help you move if you need to. If you choose to go to LA, I can help you look for places." She said and I nodded.

It was minutes after we arrived to the arcade. We paid to go in and it started to feel like old times. I looked over at Anna and it feels like we never changed at all.

Maybe we didn't change afterall...