Chapter 1.

This part starts from the point when Imlie had been to office and Aryan had called her home for having coffee.

Imlie was talking to Madhav regarding their recent sting operation when her phone rang.

To her surprise, it was from her ABP, which was very unusual of him.
He never called her during work hours.

As if on an instict she panicked and as she received the call, she started her rambling without giving him a chance to respond.

Imliee:- "Aryan, tum theek ho na? Is your wound alright? Is it bleeding? Why aren't you replying? Are you okay? Should I call the doctor? Do one thing, get ready, I will come home then we can go to hospital for your check up. Why aren't you saying anything? Talk to me, for God's sake!! " She yelled into the phone and took a long breath. In her worry, she didn't realise that she addressed him as Aryan, which was quite rare.

She was hell worried for her ABP and him not responding to her, added more to her miseries.

Irritated Aryan, finally spoke putting an end to her ranting :- " Stop it Jungli! You didn't even let me speak and just started with your ranting. I'm absolutely fine and so is my injury. There is no bleeding and there is no need to go the doctor."

Imlie was relieved as she heard him speak.

Aryan spoke again:- "And why the hell are you panicking so much? I'm totally fine and you saw me this morning, just a few hours ago. What is wrong with you?"

Imlie was silent, trying to process his words.
Aryan spoke after not getting a reply from her,
Aryan:- "Imlie are you okay? Why aren't you responding? Talk to me dammit!"

Imlie finally sighed in relief after hearing his frustrated voice.
She tried to form words but nothing came from her mouth except for some silent sobs.
She was so scared seeing him lying unconscious on the hospital bed that day. She feared loosing him.

Aryan heard her sobs and understood that she was still in shock, so he tried to calm her.
Aryan:- "Imlie, can you hear me? Please don't cry. Listen to me, keep your palm on your heart and breathe with me, for me." He said in his softest voice.

Imlie did as she was told. She started to take slow deep breaths listening to Aryans'.

Aryan spoke again:- "Are you fine now? Please, talk to me Imlie."

Imlie spoke, finally relieved that her husband was absolutely fine.
Imlie:- "Hum ab theek hain, ABP. I was just shocked and got worked up seeing you calling me, which was unexpected. I thought you were in trouble."

To change the topic,
Aryan feigned annoyance and said in a light tone:- " What do you mean by unexpected call? I have called you many times before. So what's new?"

Imlie replied:- " It's new because you being an Akkadbagga that you are, call me during work hours, only to discuss business and not for casual conversations, for which you have called me today."

Aryan was surprised that she could actually guess that he called her casually and not for work.
He quickly composed himself,
and asked:- "And why do you think that I did not call you for work purposes?"

Imlie, simply shrugged her shoulders and answered:- "Because there is no new project going on in Bhaskar Times today, so that you call me during my work hours and discuss about it."

Aryan was impressed by the fact that she understood him pretty well since they started living together.
Aryan:- "Well you are right. I called you because I was missing my wife's-"

Imlie cut him in the middle and exclaimed:- "Hey, Sita maiyya! ABP, have you hit yourself on your head somewhere?"
Then in a teasing tone she said:- "You are admitting openly that you are missing your wife. Aww, I feel so special."

Aryan found that so adorable. He smiled to himself and said:- "You are absolutely wrong Mrs. Imlie Aryan Singh Rathore."

Surprised and confused, Imlie asked him:- "Kya matlab hain tumhara?"

Aryan replied:- "Mere kehne ka matlab yeh tha ki, I am missing my wife's handmade coffee."

Imlie with irritation laced in her voice, said:- " Arghh! You are such an Akkadbagga. You called me only because you wanted to drink coffee. And I thought that..... "

"And what did you think?" Aryan asked, smugness oozing out from his voice.

She could very well imagine a smirk on his oh-so handsome face.
"Nothing." She replied quickly, a light pink tint evident on her cheeks.
Then she continued:- "If you want to have coffee then, make one yourself. You are Aryan Singh Rathore, nothing is impossible for you." She pouted cutely.

Aryan chuckled hearing her annoyed tone. "You know I have an injury and I have promised my wife that I am not going to exert myself by doing any work. Also my wife makes very good coffee so I thought of having a coffee date with her. What do you think? Will she agree?"

Imlie smiled at his words and replied:- "She will agree only if you request and ask her properly."

Aryan:- "Fineee. So Mrs. Imlie Aryan Singh Rathore will you please go on a coffee date with your poor husband?"

Imlie laughed at his choice of words and said:- "Theek hai Patidev."

Aryan grinned like a Cheshire Cat and said:- " Thank you so much Patni ji. I'm waiting for you."

They ended the call and smiled to themselves like never before.

*********
Arpita, who was passing by Aryan and Imlie's room saw Aryan smiling to himself and decided to tease him.

She knocked on the door and cleared her throat which startled Aryan. He looked towards the door only to see his sister standing there with a cheeky grin plastered on her face.

He groaned and looked at her with irritation evident on his face knowing very well that she was going to tease him endlessly.

Arpita smiled, and started:- "So UNB ji, you are looking so happy today. Is your wife the reason for your precious smile? Also-". She was cut off by the loud ringtone of her phone.

Aryan sighed in relief and said:- " Please Didi, go and attend your call. It must be your husband. Go and tease him, not me. Bye." And closed the door on her face.

Aryan fell backwards on their bed and there was a permanent smile plastered on his face.

He reprimanded himself for smiling like an idiot, but he is excited for this coffee date....

Well, this was quite a lengthy chapter and also cliche

Well, this was quite a lengthy chapter and also cliche. I hope it did not bore you guys.

And I know it was very cliche for Aryan Singh Rathore to behave like that. But common, the man's in love so he is allowed to behave like a teenager.

Thank you for reading this story.
Please vote and comment. It will motivate me to write further....

Thank you again💖💖