Chapter 19.

A surprise update!!!
Mere Mummy-Papa ke anniversary ki khushi mein.

Though a little shorter than usual.
Don't forget to do inline comments.

Enjoy reading...

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Continues from the last chapter:-

Aryan woke up as the shrill piercing sound of the alarm clock reached his ears, breaking his peaceful slumber.

It was half past five in the morning and he didn't want to leave the bed just yet. The warmth beside him was too cozy and comforting, wanting him to succumb to the temptation.
And Imlie's hot breath fanning on his neck was tempting him to grab her closer and kiss her breathless.

Shaking the alluring thoughts away, he caressed her face and tucked the stray strands of her hair behind her ear. Deciding to let her sleep for some more time, he proceeded to untangle their tangled limbs and got out of the bed after placing a kiss on her forehead. And set up another alarm for an hour later.

Completing his morning routine that consisted of freshening up, jogging around for half an hour and another half an hour spent in the gym, Aryan entered the house and the silence that greeted him was a clear indication that Imlie was still asleep.

After grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen, he moved towards their room to wake Imlie up. And found her snoring away softly, with a dreamy smile on her face.
Must be dreaming of something sweet, he thought and sat on the bed, beside her.

"Good morning." He greeted, running his thumb on her cheek gently, only to receive a hum of satisfaction from her, as she leaned into his touch.

"Imlie, wake up." He said, as she grabbed his hand and tucked it under her cheek and continued to dream on.

Rolling his eyes, he pulled away the quilt from her body. Imlie whined at the loss of warmth and pouted, not wanting to open her eyes.
"Come on, Imlie. You said you had early classes today. It's past seven already."

And the effect was instant. She sprang up from the bed and ran into the washroom in a jiffy, yelling a 'good morning' on her way.

Shaking his head at her antics, Aryan decided to take up the task of whisking up some breakfast and walked out of the room.

Forty minutes later, Aryan was done preparing some Poha, light and filling, then transferred it into a hotpot to keep it warm. And cleaned the little mess he had created while cooking, lest face Imlie's wrath for messing her kitchen.
(I had always imagined Aryan knowing the basic life skills. Hence, this.)

Exiting the kitchen, he found Imlie, standing in front of the small temple, with her hands joined and eyes closed.
A diya was lit in front of the deity and fresh flowers were offered.

He stood there admiring her as she muttered a small prayer. Dressed up in a white kurti, paired with black straight pants, her face devoid of any products, she was a sight to behold.

Imlie opened her eyes upon feeling his heated gaze and looked at him raising her brows. Aryan simply shook his head, moving towards her.

Imlie tip toed, wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed on his right cheek. "Good morning."

Securing his arms around her waist, Aryan placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Hmmm. Definitely a good morning."

Bashful at his choice of words, she stepped away from him and asked, "What were you doing in the kitchen?"