Chapter 12.

This will be a short update.
I've been extremely busy this week due to Practicals ans submission of Assignments.
So, I'm sorry for the late update.

Enjoy reading...
_________________________________________

Cold evening breeze touched their bodies softly, soothing them as they laid on their bed. It was 6 in the evening as Imlie and Aryan were relaxing in their bedroom.

It's been 3 days since they have moved in their new home. It was not very difficult for them to adapt to the new changes and they have settled in pretty comfortably.

But, they have not stepped outside their abode for the past 3 days.

Because Aryan has stubbornly refused to go office the next day after they had shifted.
Hence, Imlie also decided to stay with him and had called in sick for both of them.

She had ordered groceries online to cook their food since she refused to order from outside for a long time.

Aryan had stayed aloof for the first two days and Imlie had let him be. She had understood his inner turmoil.

Even though he acted indifferent in front of Narmada on that unfortunate evening, she knew it hurt him to move out of that house, away from the woman whom he regarded as his mother, whom he had addressed as "Maa" for so many years.

Rathore Mansion was his home for a long time and it was difficult to move out from there.

So she had given him space to compose himself and come in terms with their current situation.

Aryan had apologized to her last night for being inconsiderate of her feelings and for ignoring. And they were back together as before.

He has also surprised her by making her favourite chai this morning as a token of apology.

Currently, Aryan was reading a book, sitting on the bed, his back leaned against the headboard, with his legs stretched out and Imlie was lying on the bed, resting her head on his legs comfortably, surfing through social media. He was occasionally running his hand through her hair, that relaxed her.

Imlie kept her phone aside and looked at Aryan. He was looking extremely handsome with those reading glasses on. She just loved when he wore those glasses, it made him look more charming.

She gazed at him for few more seconds before coming out of the daze and called him out, "Aryan?"

Aryan hummed in response but did not look at her, he was too engrossed in reading.

"Aryan!!" Imlie called him again.

He again hummed in response, ignoring her. He loved teasing her and adored those cute angry expressions on her face when she felt ignored by him.

"Aryan!!" This time she shouted and sat up on the bed, hitting on his arm.

She had recently started to address him by his name more often instead of her nicknames for him and he absolutely liked it.

"Kya hai Imlie?" Aryan finally looked at her. She looked irritated.

"I'm bored sitting at home. Let's go out." She said with a pout.

"I don't want to Imlie. Anyways we will be resuming our work from tomorrow. So you will not feel bored anymore" He replied.

"Exactly! We will be going to office from tomorrow, so we have only today to have some fun. We will get busy again." She said, trying to convince him.

Imlie wanted to distract Aryan from their current state. He had been sitting at home for past 3 days, all cooped up in their room. So she wanted to go out and spend some quality time together.

Aryan started to refuse "I'm not interested-"
But Imlie cut him in middle and exclaimed joyfully,
"Take me on a date!" She demanded with a bright smile on her face.

Aryan coughed vigorously as he heard her. He was stunned at her bold demand.
Imlie rubbed his arms to sooth him.

"What?" He asked, still in shock.

"Yes. Take me on a date, now. I have never been on a date before, so you fulfill my wish today." She said with full authority.

"Imlie, remember we had been on a date a few months ago? Arpita didi has arranged for us" He said trying to remind her.

"I remember it very clearly. It was not a proper date at all. You gave me udhaar that day also. Do you remember? Also Blue kaki ruined those moments. Moreover it was arranged by Arpita didi. So, you are taking me on a date tonight." She huffed at the end.

Aryan was gaping at her with his eyes wide open. When did she become so bold?

But he was loving this new change in her. He was happy that, now she was confident enough to verbalize her thoughts and wishes in front of him without any hesitation.

Imlie knew she has stunned him. Although she herself was surprised that she was literally demanding him to take her out.

Now she understood how far she has come in her life. She can never imagine her old self to be this bold, expressive and demanding.

Aryan was bought out if his stupor when Imlie shook him.

"Are you going to take me out? Or should I ask you out on a date? I'm ready for that." Imlie said.
Her eyes were shining with mischief which Aryan recognized.

"Fine. We will be going on a date tonight. So get ready." Aryan said with a soft smile on his face.

Imlie grinned widely and hugged him happily.

She got up from the bed and rushed towards their closet to get ready. But stopped in the middle and came back rushing towards Aryan and pecked on his cheek and again ran towards the closet with the same speed, shouting a 'thank you'.

An adorable smile formed on his lips as he registered her action and looked at the closed door of their closet.

He made a silent prayer to Sita Maiyya to always keep her happy. And also to make him capable enough to keep the smile intact on her face, forever.

****************

This was a short update, but the next one will be lengthier

Their date will be in the next chapter and also Aryan's parents' story
Stay tuned.

Hope you have enjoyed reading it...

Don't forget to hit the star button and comment.

Thank you❤❤