Chapter 14.

Enjoy reading.
Please do inline comments.🤍🤍

"Do you really want this Imlie?" Aryan whispered

"Do you really want this Imlie?" Aryan whispered. His lips hovering on hers, his breath falling on her face, making her breathless.

"Yes--" as soon as that word escaped her lips, she felt his cold lips on her warm ones and the time stopped.

Aryan and Imlie stood still, with their eyes closed, trying to absorb the essence of each other and their lips pressed against each other's. None ready to make any movement, only wanting to be immersed in each other.

A few seconds later, Aryan pulled away and pressed his forehead against her's. Their breathing rapid and eyes still closed to feel the moment.

Imlie opened her eyes and looked up at him, only to close them again. A blush forming on her cheeks, overwhelmed with ecstasy.

Aryan enveloped her in his arms and pressed her face against his chest. His hands slowly stroked her back, trying to calm both of them.

It all felt like a dream.

Imlie pulled away from the hug and looked up at him, her eyes blurring with unshed tears, tears of happiness and contentment.

Aryan softly brushed his cheek against her's to wipe away the tears and kissed her forehead.

Imlie cupped his face and whispered softly, "Thank you"

He frowned in confusion, hearing her words and looked at her in question, "Why?"

"For introducing me to this new feeling, the feeling of belonging to someone without any constraint, for giving me this happiness, for always being there for me even when I went against you, for being my family. Thank you"
More tears flowed as she spoke, with a satisfied smile on her face.

Aryan wiped her tears and spoke, "Then I should be the one thanking you. You freed me from my pain, you taught me to live my life again, you made me a better person, for becoming the reason of my happiness, you became my 50-50 partner in all senses."

Aryan pulled her again, wrapping his bundle of happiness in his arms, tightly. Imlie's ears were pressed against his heart, feeling the rhythm of his steady heartbeat.

After a few minutes of silence, Imlie looked at him and said shyly, "This was my first kiss." A blush forming on her cheeks for umpteenth time that night.

Aryan was visibly surprised at the revelation.
"But-", he started to say something before Imlie cut him in the middle.

"I know what you are thinking. I was married for almost one and half years with Aditya, but you know how that marriage worked.
It was always me saving the Tripathi's from their problems, always proving my worth to them, proving my loyalty again and again, fighting with Malini for Aditya and the list just goes on.
There was hardly any time for me to think about my feelings, my dreams, my wishes, my desires. It was always about them.
A few moments of happiness which I rarely got, always ended with one or the other mishap. I never really got any time to think about these things." She sighed at the end.