Chapter 8.

Enjoy reading😊😊
Major plot twist towards the end of the chapter...

Imlie and Aryan were walking towards the living room, when Aryan tugged at their joined hands that made Imlie halt at her place.

She turned towards him and raised her eyebrows in question, "Kya hua?"

Aryan snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, Imlie surprised by his action, held his shoulders for support.

"You look regal today! Like a queen, set out to conquer the world. I can't take my eyes off you." He said huskily.

Imlie blushed furiously at his bold confession. She stood on her toes and threw her arms around his neck, hugging him, unable to meet his eyes. Her heart was fluttering in joy and she felt millions of butterflies in her stomach.

Her cheek was rested against his shoulder ans she inhaled deeply. His woody scent with a few notes of lemon and pepper calming her nerves.

Aryan hugged her back tightly, his hold tightening on her bare waist, her soft body pressed against his. Having her in his arms, he felt at home.

She detached her hands from his neck and craned her neck to look up at him and whispered,
"You have changed so much."

"I have changed since your arrival in my life, you have changed me so much." He said sincerely, looking into her eyes.

Her heart skipped a beat recognizing the honesty in his words. She has never felt so special in the twenty three years of her existence.

Imlie blinked her eyes furiously to push back those tears which were threatening to flow. She cleared her throat and said,
"Chale? Arpita didi tumhara intezaar kar rahi hongi."

As she started to move, but Aryan held her back again and said, "Wait a minute, I want to tell you something important."

With a confused expression on her face she asked, "Koun si zaroori baat?"

"We are not going to office, tomorrow. Tum kal chutti le lo." He said.

"Kya? Lekin kyu? Tum humein office jaane se mana kar rahe ho? Tum? Workaholic Singh Rathore?" She exclaimed in surprise.

"Imlie, I said it's important." He said and rolled his eyes.

" Lekin humare Boss Babu humein chutti nahi denge" She said with a mischievous smile.

Aryan raised his eyebrow in amazement and decided to play along,
" Tum apne boss se kaho ki, tum Aryan Singh Rathore ki patni ho. He will grant you a leave in fraction of a second." He said with a smirk.

"Tumhare naam se kuch nahi hoga. Mere boss bahut Khadoos, Ghamandi, Akdu aur ekdam Bailbuddhi hein." She said, trying hard to not laugh seeing the change of expressions on his face.

"Imlie enough!" He said in a stern tone.

Imlie chuckled. "Ok fine, tell me why are we not going to office tomorrow?"

"I'm taking you somewhere tomorrow. It's a surprise." He said.

"Surprise!! Kaisa surprise? Hum sab jaa rahe hai?" She asked with a wide smile.

"Imlie, I said I'm taking you somewhere. It means the surprise is for you, not for everyone." He said in disbelief.

"Really? Surprise only for me? I'm so happy. Thank you." She said bubbling with excitement, her eyes shining with happiness.

Aryan smiled seeing her so happy only at the mention of a surprise. He came forward and kissed her forehead, praying to Sita Maiya to always keep her happy.
But it seems like Sita Maiya has some other plans for them.