Chapter 21.

A filler kind of a chapter.

Enjoy reading💛💛💛

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

One month later:

The first ray of sunlight lit up their room as the sun poured through the window, causing Imlie to stir in her sleep. She opened her bleary eyes, rubbing them and found herself cradled against her husband, to be more specific, a very shirtless husband.

Closing her eyes, she snuggled closer to Aryan, her head tucked under his chin, nestled against his bare chest. She tried to sleep again, but failed.

Opening her eyes, she glanced towards the wall clock, it was seven in the morning. The day being Sunday, they didn't have to worry about waking up early and get ready for work. Neither did their househelp came on Sundays. The day was only for them.

Feeling Aryan stir beside her, she ran her fingers through his soft hair, lulling him back to sleep.

Unable to go back to sleep, she untangled herself from him with difficulty and got up from the tempting warm bed.

After freshening up and taking a quick bath, Imlie entered the room and found him still sleeping.

Frowning, she moved closer to him. It was very unusual of Aryan to sleep until so late. It was close to eight. Touching his forehead, she checked if he had a temperature and sighed in relief after feeling the normal warmth of his skin.

Maybe it was the week's exhaustion taking a toll on him, she thought. Aryan had a board meeting coming up in the next week and was extremely busy the whole week with the arrangements.

With her exams going on, he had also taken responsibility for her share of the house chores.

Her exams had gotten over a week ago and she was absolutely relieved. They had gone quite well and she was expecting a good score.

Deciding to let him sleep for some more time, Imlie thought of preparing the breakfast and moved to the kitchen.

................

Imlie leaned on the kitchen counter as she waited for the water to heat and mulled over the menu for breakfast.

Drinking the lukewarm water, which had become a morning ritual, courtesy Aryan, she looked around the various racks in the kitchen, hoping to get an idea for the breakfast.

Aryan had also taken over the kitchen duty for preparing the breakfast for the past few days since her exams had commenced, saying that she should concentrate more on her studies and not on the breakfast.

So, she wanted to prepare something special for him, something which he would enjoy eating.

In a flash, her eyes landed on the waffle maker that was resting behind the glass doors of the kitchen cabinet and her eyes twinkled.

Waffles!
She could make some waffles, she thought and picked the iPad from the dining table.
Skimming through various YouTube videos from her playlist, she finally found the recipe for the eggless waffles which she had liked, a couple of weeks ago.

When Imlie and Aryan had stepped out for breakfast on one of the Sundays, they had visited a little, cozy European cafe. And there she had learnt that Aryan liked to have Waffles, Croissants, Crepes, Greek salad, etc., for breakfast whenever he wanted a break from the usual diet.

Waffles it is, she decided after going through the recipe which seemed quite simple.

Imlie gathered all the ingredients required and then proceeded to unbox the waffle maker to go through the user manual.
When she had first come across the contraption a couple of months ago, she was completely baffled. The appliance had then looked quite weird and unfamiliar to her, having not seen it before. And she'd had to Google it's purpose.