Vol. 1: The Start of it All

Ayanokouji POV

What is it like to love a person?

When I managed to escape the White Room, I thought freedom was the thing that I sought the most because I was caged like an animal in a facility for years. It turns out that I also had another goal in mind, and it's something that I can't figure out, despite being known as the 'Masterpiece'.

How to love.

That man, who happens to be my father, never taught me about such a thing.

Of course, I know what love for your family meant, but that man has never acted like he was my family even once. In fact, I'm certain that he doesn't even think of me as his son, just a test subject who gives him results. In return, I never thought of him as a father.

I also know what it's like to love a friend. Even though I barely show any emotion, I used to have friends in the White Room and I remember what it's like to be with them. They were people whom I cared about, but they're gone now. I was the only survivor out of all of us and as a result, I became detached and followed orders like a robot.

No, it's neither of those two. What I am curious about is what it's like to love another person in a romantic manner.

I think it's ironic.

I, the best of a whole generation of White Room students, am unable to find out what it's like to love another person romantically.

I can solve the most complex mathematical equations, win against the most experienced martial artists, and yet I find myself drawn to a blank when it comes to that question.

I even asked Matsuo what he feels regarding his wife and what it's like, (A/N: Since he has a son, he's gotta have a wife, right? Just pretend he has one) but he only told me that it would be better if I figure it out for myself because it's not something that can be explained through words.

Now that I had tasted freedom, I wanted to figure out the answer to this question myself.

The fact that this issue is something that can't be solved using logic or science only makes me more curious and interested.

And so, here I am, inside of a bus heading to a school that I applied for. After all, I still wanted to experience what it's like to be a normal student for once. Perhaps Advanced Nurturing High School will be the place that will teach me what it's like to love another person.

In my hands was a book, a light novel to be exact, which I'm currently reading. Ever since I've tasted freedom from the White Room half a year ago, I have been trying to read up on everything that has something to do with 'love', books and novels alike.

I've read many titles across many libraries but none of them truly interested me. They were almost the same in every way, only being different when it comes to the story that they told.

But that changed when I came across something called a 'light novel'.

While I was surfing the internet at Matsuo's house a few months ago for new books, one had caught my attention for its art and title. It was also told in a first-person perspective, which gives me an insight on what the characters feel throughout the story.

It was about a man who died from being hit by a truck, only to reincarnate in a new world where he begins a new life as a new person. He was treated as scum in his past life, so he used his new life to be a better man than what he was before.

Throughout his journey, he meets many people and rises up to become one powerful warrior.

The strangest thing about it though, was that the main character didn't love only one, but THREE WOMEN and actually married them. They were people who were important to him, and he took them all as his brides.

It threw me off when I read about it. From all the books that I have read before it, men are only supposed to love and marry one woman and that's it. It doesn't matter whether there was another woman who loves him or not.

When I checked the genres of that light novel, it included the word 'harem'. After some research, I found out that a harem is the instance where a male is surrounded and loved by many females (Let's just say that was the first definition instead of the Muslim one, lol) who may or may not agree to share the man they love among them.

It was almost bizarre to think about.

How exactly could such a relationship work? What could be the possible outcome? Will the man be able to attend to the women's needs? Will the women see eye-to-eye regarding their arrangement? There are so many questions that it provides to which I don't know the answers.

But at the same time, it intrigued me and it brought me more questions that need to be answered.

Being surrounded by women who love you? It would be the dream of many young men out there, especially those who aren't in a relationship. Other teenagers at my age would kill to have a girlfriend and I'm not going to lie, I'd like to have one of my own as well.

Now that I think about it, maybe I can have a harem of my own?

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'd laugh at that if I can.

That would be quite the sight to behold, if I had to be honest. Loving more than one girl and them loving me back.... it only adds to my growing curiosity towards the big question.

However, I'm not sure if I'm even capable of doing that. I may be someone who's thought of as a 'perfect human' who can do almost anything, but love and emotions is something that I'm not good at, which actually makes me imperfect. I'm also unsure if I can handle more than one girl in a relationship.....

Plus, harems only happen in fiction. Not in real life. (He doesn't know what it's like being a Muslim...)

Anyway, I think I've rambled for long enough. I should get back to reading this new light novel I've started a week ago. This time, it's about a boy with a red gauntlet who gets reincarnated as a devil under the command of a beautiful red-haired lady. It's also part of the harem genre, which should make this one more interesting to read about.....

???: Can I ask what you're reading?

My attention to my book was immediately broken by the person sitting next to me.

She was a girl of my age with long brown hair and bangs swept to the right. Her eyes were blue, and she was staring at me with a smile on her face. In other words, she's beautiful.

A beautiful girl was talking to me....... and I didn't even have to initiate the conversation.

Is this luck.....?

~XoX~

As you've all read in the summary, there are lots of fics where Kiyopon unintentionally builds a harem because of how cool he is, but what if he wants the harem all along? That's what this story is about.

Yes, it's going to be our boy Kiyo racking up chicks. Too cringe? Too bad, I can make this as cringe as I want. This isn't how Kiyo acts? It's a fanfic, and there are tons of fics out there with OOC Kiyotakas, haha. The harem end will reign supreme here!

I have to ask all of you, which girls do you want to see him interacting with first? I got a few in mind but hit me with your ideas and I'll see what I can do.

One more thing, should I make Ryuuen a girl and add her to the harem? If I do, what name should I give her? :D

愛しています!