Vol. 1: The Harem Plan

Ayanokouji POV

After the final race, Tokugawa-sensei let us use the remaining twenty minutes to play around and do what we want. Before I could do anything though, I was immediately swarmed by the girls and started asking me questions. As a matter of fact, the boys did the same and I actually felt overwhelmed.

It felt like last week all over again, when I became a popular discussion within the classroom, all because I got a perfect score in the entrance exams. But this time, it was way worse.

Hirata tried to help me by putting some distance our classmates and I, but it did nothing because he was swarmed by some of the girls as well.

I was only able to slip away when I told everyone that I needed to go to the restroom, causing them to turn their attention somewhere else that's not me.

Of course, instead of doing that, I went to the locker room to be alone. It's a shame that I won't be able to enjoy the remainder of our swimming class at the pool area, but it's nothing big. This obviously won't be the only time that we'll be having this class, anyway.

I grabbed one of the clean towels that were there and headed to the showers. Since I won't be returning to the pool anytime soon, I might as well clean myself up and get dressed before everyone gets here.

After having a quick shower, I put on my school uniform and sat down on one of the benches. There was still at least five minutes left before swimming class ends, so I'll just wait things out right here. Once everyone else arrives, I'll tell them that I'll be heading back to our classroom first. For sure, if I stay here, I'll be flooded with questions from my eager classmates once again.

My phone then vibrated from inside my pocket. I gave it a quick check and noticed that Matsushita had sent me a message.

[Matsushita:] Are you sure you can handle being popular, Ayanokouji-kun? I saw you being overwhelmed earlier by our classmates.

Hm, I don't recall Matsushita being one of the people who were eager to ask questions about me. If my memory serves me right, she was only swimming in the pool when I got hounded by our classmates.

How thoughtful of her.

[Ayanokouji:] If I wasn't sure that I can handle this kind of attention, then I wouldn't have given my all in winning the race. I knew it was going to happen from the start.

[Matsushita:] Still, what you did was an amazing feat. So you can't really blame everyone for asking you questions.

[Ayanokouji:] Yes, I know. I've been hearing that a lot today. I only hope this is temporary, and everything can go back to normal by tomorrow or the next few days.

[Matsushita:] Hopefully. I wouldn't want to go through that if it was me.

Hm, this is curious. Why would Matsushita send me a message right now, of all times? I don't think she has ever sent me a message that isn't a simple greeting. Of course, I could be wrong and the truth is that Matsushita really wanted to speak with me, but I think there's a particular reason why she's instigating a conversation between us through the phone.

She could always talk to me later on because we still have another class after this, yet she chose to send a message. She could have tried to speak with me earlier as well, but she was busy swimming in the water. I may be wrong, but I think that she has something to say to me that she doesn't want anyone else to hear.

[Ayanokouji:] Cut to the chase. What is this about?

[Matsushita:] Aw, come on. I'm just trying to see how you're doing after that fiasco earlier. It's natural for friends to check on each others' well-being, right?