Vol. 1: Honami's Potential

Ichinose POV

I wasn't lying about wanting to talk to Ayanokouji-kun as soon as I meet him again. After what I heard about him at the entrance ceremony about acing all of his entrance exams, I was interested in him.

No, no, not in a romantic way! I meant I'm interested in knowing more about him, that's all! We only met briefly at the bus ride going to school and apart from introducing ourselves, we didn't talk about anything else.

So when I saw Ayanokouji-kun leaving the club the gymnasium, I knew that it was a chance for me to be able to speak with him. We're not in the same class, so I couldn't let this chance go.

I only wanted to talk to him, I didn't have anything else in mind.

And yet, it felt wrong seeing Himeno-san kiss him.

I didn't know why, but I felt really uncomfortable seeing it happen. It didn't help that Mako-chan and the others have been teasing me about having feelings for Ayanokouji-kun ever since they met him. Because of it, I thought to myself if I was actually feeling jealous of Himeno-san.

Could it be true that I actually like him? Was Himeno-san right, after all?

N-No, I can't possibly like him! We only met yesterday and we're barely even friends, something that I want to change as soon as possible.

But me liking him?

I guess Ayanokouji-kun is pretty handsome himself and he's really smart. Even though he has that unchanging expression on his face, I think it makes him look adorable. And hey, if someone manages to make him smile, then it would feel really great for that other person!

......oh no, what am I saying?

Okay, even though I think that way, it doesn't explain why it didn't feel right seeing him being kissed by Himeno-san. Maybe it's because they just met today and she immediately jumped through a bunch of hurdles just to kiss him! Shouldn't a kiss only happen when you're in a relationship?!

Anyway, I've been thinking too much about this. I still have something important to talk about with Ayanokouji-kun.

Kiyo: We won't receive 100,000 points next month? That's a pretty big assumption, Ichinose. One that's very strange as well.

Honami: You don't believe me?

He shook his head.

Kiyo: Actually, I do believe you. It is strange, now that I think about it. However, without proper evidence to support your claim, then it will remain an assumption on your part.

I suppose he's right. I'm only speaking from what I understood and analyzed regarding this school and its points system. I don't have any concrete evidence to prove the things I'm saying.

Honami: What should I do then?

Kiyo: Why are you asking me? Shouldn't you decide that for yourself?

Honami: Yes, but..... I would like to hear what you have in mind, Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji-kun is smart, of course I want to know what he thinks of this before. Maybe he can even give me advice on what to do.

Kiyo: I think you should do what you believe is the right thing to do. If you're sure about the hypothesis you made regarding the points we receive, tell it to your classmates. I'm sure they'll listen to you, just like how some of them are listening to you right now.

Honami: Uh, that's not what I meant, Ayanokouji-

Kiyo: I know what you meant and I'm not giving you advice, Ichinose.