Vol. 1: Trust

3rd Person POV

The two Class D students continued on their way to the dorms, with neither of them saying anything more after their little talk about Kushida.

At this point, Ayanokouji was simply curious about what Horikita wanted to talk about. She didn't want to say anything right now and insisted that they talk in his dorm, so it must be something serious.

However, before they could reach the dorms, they were greeted by a certain girl whom Ayanokouji was familiar with by now. Beside her was a young man with violet-bluish hair and purple eyes who appeared to be one of her classmates.

Honami: Yallo, Ayanokouji-kun!

Kiyotaka and Suzune had different reactions to seeing the strawberry-blonde girl of Class B. While Kiyotaka didn't seem bothered with Honami's appearance, Suzune's eye was already twitching in annoyance. She just wanted to talk to her classmate and the world is somehow throwing all of these obstacles in front of her.

Kiyo: Hey, Ichinose.

Suzune: Good afternoon, Ichinose-san. If you don't mind, we'll be on our way.

Kiyotaka gave a simple wave while Suzune looked like she was already thinking of pulling her classmate by his arm and leaving the scene.

That was exactly what she did; Suzune hooked her arm around his, unaware that she could create a misunderstanding from doing so. Kiyotaka noticed her action, but he didn't choose to question it lest he risk making her annoyed even further.

Honami: Wait, Horikita-san. Can I speak with Ayanokouji-kun for a bit?

The young man quickly noticed Horikita's growing irritation and decided to spare Ichinose from her impending outburst. He could already tell that she'll blow up if they don't talk at his dorm soon, for whatever reason.

Kiyo: You know, you could always shoot me a message later on. We already have each other's contact info, remember?

When they met after the club fair several days ago and ate at Keyaki Mall, Ayanokouji received the contact infos of Ichinose, Amikura, Minamikata, Kobashi, and Himeno, while also giving them his with Matsushita doing the same. He saw it as a good opportunity of expanding his connections with other people, both from a social and tactical standpoint.

The only thing is..... his contact list was still dominated by females.

Honami: I know, but..... this is really important.

Upon hearing Honami's response, the only thing that Kiyotaka could do was look at Suzune. After all, she was the one who wanted to talk to him.

Horikita already knew what he had in mind and stopped herself from feeling annoyed any further.

This was just a minor inconveniece. If Ichinose wanted to talk to her classmate, there's really no problem in letting her do so. Best to get it over with right away, right?

Suzune: Just make it quick.

Horikita removed her arm around his and simply stepped to the side so that Ayanokouji can talk to the Class B students without difficulty. With that, the leader of Class D turned his attention to the strawberry-blonde girl.

Kiyo: What is it, Ichinose?

Honami: Well, first off, I'd like you to meet Kanzaki Ryuuji. I chose him to be the class leader alongside me so I won't have to deal with the entire responsibility on my own. Plus, another set of brains would really help. All of my classmates trust him too!

While listening to Ichinose's explanation, he was suddenly struck by an idea.

Kiyo: Maybe I should do this as well. That person shall be my right-hand man or woman for my plans, but it'll have to be someone that I can trust with the responsibility of worrying about the class' well-being. It can't just be anyone.