Vol. 1: Gaining a Headstart

3rd Person POV

Sae: All right, Class D. Lend me your eyes and ears for the rest of our remaining time. I will only explain all of this once, unless you're willing to pay more than what you've already spent.

Chabashira gave her students a stern expression at first but if one would take a closer look at her, she was completely different than before.

Compared to her earlier demeanor where she was dead inside for some reason, Chabashira now seemed like she was filled with life, which was reflected by the look in her eyes. They were filled with hope and longing, and Ayanokouji was the only one noticed the difference.

Kiyo: I feel like Chabashira-sensei was hoping for me to figure out this matter with our points this whole time, but why exactly?

At this moment, every student in the class looked equally serious, as they realized that their gamble wasn't a fluke at all. What they were going to learn about would directly affect their life in this school, whether it would be heaven or hell, and so they couldn't afford to slack off now.

Sae: First off, the points in the S-System that's used by the school can be classified into two. The points that you currently possess are called 'private points', while the other is referred to as 'class points'. The private points that you receive every month are completely dependent on the amount of class points that you have.

The brown-haired teacher paused for a moment to let her class take in this new information. The whispers and murmurs began right away, with the majority of it wondering what exactly are 'class points' and how do they work.

Sae: Moving on, every freshman class from A to D are given 1000 class points at the start of the year. These class points are then converted into private points and are distributed into your ID cards at the start of each moment. This also means that class points are being updated monthly.

Hirata then raised his hand.

Sae: Do you have something to ask, Hirata?

Hirata: Sensei, does this mean that the points we used to purchase this information were our class points?

Sae: That's correct.

After saying those words, the whole class seemed like they were going to erupt in chaos once again, but Chabashira spoke again before that could happen.

Sae: But don't worry, it's not the end of the world for you. It only cost you 200 class points, so you'll still be able to receive 80,000 private points next month, assuming you idiots don't do anything that causes your class points to plummet down even further.

Her words were able to calm a lot of her students down, but they remained vigilant, especiall

Sae: What Ayanokouji-kun suggested earlier was true. Your class points can indeed be decreased and in turn, affect your private points as a result. However, they can also be increased. In this school, we have what we call 'special exams', where each class will compete against each other. Based on your performance in these special exams, your class points can either increase, decrease, or stay the same.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, seemingly reaching the end of her explanation.

A right arm then shot into the air from the last row.

Suzune: Sensei, may I ask a question?

Chabashira looked over towards Horikita.

Sae: Go ahead.

Suzune: Can our class points change in number outside of the special exams?

Sae: Class points cannot increase outside of special exams. However, they can definitely be decreased in a multitude of ways. A few examples would be tardiness, absences, sleeping in class, using your phones during lessons, and the simple act of not listening..