Vol. 1: Club Fair

I hope the previous chapter was enough to explain why Shinohara ain't with Kei. If she was part of that group, she would have thrown hands with Manabe to defend Kei and Kiyotaka would have to stop her from messing up. Ryuuen-chan would have seen him too. A lot of friend groups are gonna change here.

Ayanokouji POV

I observed my surroundings closely, while thinking of something that intrigued me ever since we got here.

I wonder what would it take for a student to start a club. It would probably cost a lot of private points for that student alone, and they would also have to ask permission from the student council. As far as I know, a club also needs its own money to be able to conduct activities.

Joining a club isn't really on my mind right now, but creating one is completely different. Hm, if I do make one, I wonder what would it be about?

Suzune: I wonder if this school has a club that focuses on martial arts?

I took a glance at Horikita as a look of surprise appeared on my face. For someone who said that she wasn't really interested in joining a club, she was observing everything around her and even looked a little interested.

Kiyo: I'm sure it has. Most schools in Japan have at least one club for martial arts, either kendo or karate. For a school as prestigious as this, it likely has both as separate clubs.

Chiaki: Are you interested in joining a club for martial arts, Horikita-san?

Suzune: No, I was just asking. I have already taken up karate years ago.

Kiyo: You sound strangely excited about it. Did something good happen during that time?

Suzune: I am not obligated to tell you anything.

Ouch. So cold. I definitely think Horikita has lightened up from how she used to be back then, though. Yesterday, she only seemed to talk to me but now she can also have conversations with others.

I don't know why, but it feels like I've been saved from a possible headache from dealing with her.

Chiaki: Ayanokouji-kun, look!

Matsushita suddenly tugged on my arm, forcing me to turn to where she was looking at.

There were a stash of musical instruments gathered at one stall. Since it's Matsushita, I remembered that she wanted to have a duet with me because I can play piano. Interestingly, there was a piano as well as a violin at the stall that we could use, but they obviously belong to the club.

Kiyo: I'm not sure about that. Using them might not be allowed because they belong to a club.

Chiaki: Then let's ask for permission first. Horikita-san, can you wait for us? We won't be too long, I promise.

Matsushita had already grabbed my arm as she quickly turned to Horikita. Why does she seem eager to have a duet with me so soon?

Suzune: It's not like I have somewhere else to be.

With that, Matsushita and I headed to the stall where only two students were there. They must be the club leaders.

Chiaki: Senpai! I want to ask if we can try playing the piano and violin. Is it allowed?

???: Oh, go ahead! In fact, we actually encourage it so we can attract more potential members! We're actually supposed to perform something to get more people to come but instead, but our friends couldn't attend the fair. What are your names, by the way?

Chiaki: I'm Matsushita Chiaki. This is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

???: I'm Hirasawa Yui, President of the Music Club! This is Akiyama Mio, the Vice President.