Vol. 1: Class 1-D

Ayanokouji POV

The chairman ended the entrance ceremony right after he revealed my existence to the entire school. I made sure to slip into the massive crowd of students that left the gymnasium afterwards, because I'll only get caught if I leave ahead of everyone else.

To add to that, Matsushita and two other girls know who I am. If they called out for my name while we're still here, it'll lead to trouble. I should keep an eye out for them while we're still here.

I know this is pointless since a student introduction will inevitably take place in the classroom, but I'd like to treasure my last few moments of peace before it comes crashing down.

Peace-chan, you will be missed.

The walk to my new classroom didn't take long and thankfully, no one caught on to who I am. Once I got there, I scanned the seats that were available and I quickly noticed that there were nameplates on the desk. That saves me time from choosing where to sit.

The one that bore my name was at the last row, right beside the chair that was next to the window. It would have been better if I had that seat instead, but whatever.

The classroom was slowly being filled with students as I placed my bag directly above the nameplate on my desk to prevent it from being seen by others. I'm doing my bes

Before I could sit thought, another person had dropped their bag on the desk that was next to mine.

It was the same black-haired girl from the bus, the one who confronted me earlier at the campus entrance. It looks like we're going to be classmates, huh?

She must have felt me staring at her again which caused her to look up and meet my gaze. However, the moment she noticed who I am, her eyes widened and she looked away out of embarrassment.

I feel bad for being the one who caused her to be this way. I should try and defuse this situation before it gets any worse. We're classmates and we're supposed to work together, so I would hate to see her feeling uncomfortable around me.

Kiyo: If I made you uncomfortable with my words, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.

???: N-No, that's not it. I...... I was just caught off guard with what you said. The fact that you could say such a thing with a straight face was also surprising.

I guess she's not used to being complimented, then. All I did was tell her that she was beautiful, which was true, and it made her embarrassed enough that she didn't want to talk anymore.

Kiyo: Sorry.... this is how I normally am.

There are a few times where I genuinely hated that my face is like this, and this is one of them. Thanks to my usual apathetic expression, I can create misunderstandings without even trying.

As I said, we're going to be classmates, so I would hate it if our relationship ends up like this. It would be a shame too, because she seems like a smart girl and could be a valuable pawn in the future. Talking to her would be useless if she acts this way around me, so I have to fix this right now.

Kiyo: Why don't we start over then?

Forgetting her embarrassment for the moment, she turned her head to face me.

???: What do you mean?

Kiyo: We obviously got off on the wrong footing, so let's forget everything that happened before this. If me staring at you back in the bus offended you in any way, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to stare.

Suzune: V-Very well. I also apologize for suddenly walking away from our earlier conversation. That was disrespectful on my part.

.