Chapter 1-EDITED

Ainsley's POV:

I was standing at the kitchen table finishing up my English Essay while my mom was finishing cooking scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast. It was almost 7:45 in the morning. I had to leave by 8 to be at school on time. I was always a mess in the morning mostly because I wasn't a morning person at all, and I always woke up late to my alarm.

I quickly ate breakfast then grabbed my backpack and car keys. Then I hurried to my car. The weather today was great, sunny and 75. Perfect weather if you ask me, myself and I. I drove 5 over the speed limit to avoid being late since I had to pick up Lola. Lola Colt was my best friend. We've been best friends since we were five and she pushed me down the slide on accident and apologized and I forgave her, then she offered to show me her rock collection and we've been inseparable ever since.

A little bit later I pulled in the Colt driveway and Lola was skipping joyfully to my cart the usual Lola way. Lola was always happy or smiling and always in a good mood. Other than my car in her driveway there was Lola's older brothers car- Keatons. He drives a red Camaro which I am highly jealous of.

"Hey Ains" Lola greeted, while she was getting in to my car fastening her seat belt. My car was a royal blue 4 door Jeep. I got it last year for my 16th birthday. My parents had surprised me with it and I was utterly surprised and overjoyed since I have wanted a blue jeep for as long as I can remember.

"Holacomoestas Lo?" I responded practicing my Spanish.

Lola laughed and answered . "Enough with the Spanish Ains. I am doing great. I am so happy today- suns shining, birds chirping."

"Looks like somebody is in a good mood. I take it your date with Cameron went well?" I asked rolling my eyes in a playful manner.

"Well..." Lola started. "Well he asked me if I wanted to go to a movie tonight. So I guess you could say it went more than well." She said blushing.

I snickered to myself as I was so proud of myself. I played matchmaker between Lola and Cameron. She was hesitant to go out with Cam but I convinced her to do it.

"What are you laughing about?" She asked.

"I just think it's funny that you fought me about going out with him when I knew you guys would have a good time." Lola slapped my arm playfully and laughed.

"You're lucky that we are pulling into school otherwise I would totally punch you: Miss know it all." We both got out of the car, grabbed our backpacks and headed to first period.

Once we were inside Andrew Jackson high school we went our separate ways.

I turned around and yelled "See ya later Lo. Can't wait to hear all the gory details about your date at lunch!" Lola blushed and said "Ainsley Nichole Morris Shut up!" Then added "I still love you bestie."

I had English with Mr. Jacobson first. I slowly walked to class because I was not in a huge hurry since Mr. Jacobson was always late to class. I walked silently to my desk. I always loved first period because my desk was right next to Keaton Colt. Lola's brother. I've had a crush on him for years and he was always super nice to me.

My head was down on the the desk waiting for class to start when Keaton walked in, so I didn't see he had 2 coffees in his hand. Keaton tapped my shoulder lightly and I looked up.

"Morning Ains, this is for you." Keaton said with a big smile. He handed me the cup, I took a sip. It was a vanilla latte and he even remembered I liked a pump of hazelnut in it. Only a few people knew I liked vanilla lattes, they were my parents, Lola and I guess Keaton knew too.

"Thanks Keat you know you didn't have too. That's so thoughtful of you." I replied with a soft smile.

Keaton was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He looked so good in that. The white brought out his tan really nicely. To be honest though Keaton looked good in everything he wears or doesn't wear.