Chapter 19

Ainsley: (A FEW MONTHS LATER)

My mom knocked on my door to find me crying.

"Ainsley you haven't been the same since you broke up with Keaton. You can't just cry in your room when you aren't at school or Volleyball." My mother said.

"I went and go froyo with Lola last week." I pleaded.

"Can you tell me what happened between the two of you?" My mom asked gently.

More tears streamed down my cheeks she helped wipe them.

"He suggested we breakup and I accused him of wanting to break up so he can date some cheerleader in college. Is basically what happened." I stated. "Then we decided to break up so we could think about if we 'Us'."

"Ains you need to talk to him and tell you how you feel. I know I've told you this before but for real, you need to let him know." My mom says.

"Not yet I want to give him some more time to think. But, I will soon." I said hesitantly.

"You need to do it before it's too late." She reminds.

"I will, he is at college and has his championship game next week maybe after that." I considered.

"Ok, I hope you will." She said encouraged.

____________

It was that championship game and Keaton was starting quarterback.

The game was tied 32-32 with 15 seconds left Iowa State had the ball. They were at the 10 yard line with 3rd down.

I was sitting in the stands with my brother, my parents, Lola, and her parents in the VIP section.

Keaton had the ball and threw it to a teammate, he ran nobody guarded him, he ran some more, he scored, then the buzzer sounded. The crowd went wild. Iowa state won the championship.

Lo and I ran onto the field. I saw Keaton he was cheering with his friends. Then he ran to a cheerleader and hugged her. My heart shattered at that moment. She was tall blonde and athletic.

"Oh, Ainsley I didn't know about that." Lola said, trying to comfort me when she saw me seeing Keaton and that cheer leading chick.

"It's okay, Lo, I'm fine." I answered.

Then Keaton came over to us and smiled.

"Good job big bro." Lola said.

"Nice job Keat." I said trying to sound energetic.

"Thank you." He replied.

Then after Keaton went and changed in the locker room both of our families went to dinner together.

Could this be anymore awkward???

Then my mom gave me the eyes, the go tell him eyes. I shook my head.

Lola broke open in conversation. "So Keaton how long have you been with that cheerleader?" She asked.

I just gasped.

"We've been together for 5 months now." That mean they were together since October only 2 months after he said we're on a break...

"She seems nice." I said dryly.

"Yeah Kenna is pretty great." He answered but he didn't have a smile or anything on his face.

"So how is school?" My mom asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Its going good, I can't wait to graduate." Lola said.

"Yeah schools fine, i can't wait for prom." I said, trying to maybe get ome sort of reaction out of Keaton.

"School is school." Is all Keaton said.

After our awkward dinner we all went our separate ways and that's the last time I saw Keaton until Graduation.

_______________________

GRADUATION!!!!

Today is the day I have been waiting for my whole life. I spent 13 years, 5 days a week and 8 hours a day for a piece of paper. I feel a little slided but whatever.

Keaton is here but I haven't talked to him. Lola was sitting beside me as our principal began calling names.

Tenley Horton, Hannah Webster, Jasper Noon, Kevin Mao, Lola Colt, Gregory Halden, Nicholas Halden, Susie Malvin, Ainsley Morris. When I heard my name I made my way to the stage.

Then after a the names were called we threw our caps and were presented as graduates.

Lola and I hugged and took pictures.

Keaton just looked at me and smiled. I returned the smile because for the first time I was okay that he wasn't my boyfriend.

I gave him a hug, he still had the same intoxicating smell.

"Congrats Ains!" Keaton said.

"Thank you." I said wistfully.

"Can we talk?" I blurted out. I immediately covered my hand.

A/N: MBFB is winding down there is only 1 chapter left. 

AS promised here is the 2nd chapter for today. 

Thank you guys so much for all the love and support through this whole journey. I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope you are looking forward to the books finale as  much as I am. 

Please remember to vote, comment and share!!!