𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕 | 𝐌𝐈𝐃-𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓

Desai stood next to the door of his daughter's room just as Reena stepped down from the small table as she finished hanging the last frame of the photo on the wall. Desai stood still next to the door watching his daughter as she was so involved in admiring the wall full of photos. "How's that looking, Leo?" Reena asks Leo who was lazily sleeping on the bed, still staring at the wall. She folds her hand neatly folded beneath her chest.

"It's beautiful! Right, Leo?" Desai responded smiling at his daughter as he walked in and stared wall more carefully in a daze. Leo sat in an alert position seeing his favorite person, he bark in response and jump down from the bed. Desai knelt and patted his hand on Leo's head pampering him. Getting up he looks at the wall, "All twenty-four years of your life in a single wall, nothing can be more beautiful than this." he walked closer to the wall and smiled looking at the childhood photos of Reena with him and his wife, Keerti.

"It's just that mamma was only with us till I turned 10, in fact even before that." she says walking close to her dad and standing next to him. Desai wrapped his left hand around her shoulder, "She is still with us, don't you think so? She always comes in my dreams and scolds me for spoiling you so much." he said, smiling at his daughter and she chuckled.

"You miss her?" he asked, staring at the photo on the wall in which Keerti was holding a year-old Reena in her arms. She rested her head on his shoulder, nodding positively at him. "I miss her too!" he whispered with gloominess in his tone.

"Papa!" she said with murky thoughts running in her mind, Desai replied in humming. "I am responsi-" he didn't let her complete the statement knowing what was coming up for him. "No! Don't even think about it. Don't think like that, it was never your fault. I don't want you to go back to that state." he said, rewinding the state Reena was in a few years back. He could say that was a hard time for him but also brought him close to his daughter than before.

She simply nods him, while Leo barked at them to grab their attention. They peek at him and chuckled at him, "I've something for you." he said, moving a little away and looking at her. She raised her eyebrows in confusion, he immediately went and brought a file from out which seemed like he kept out before stepping in. "This is for my darling daughter." he tells her. She smiled slightly peeking at her father and taking the file from his hand.

Desai smiled looking at her expression as her curious smile is the cutest thing for him, he watched her as she opened the file, went through it, and peeked back excitingly at him. "How you got this?" she jumped in happiness and hugged her father as her face glowed with happiness.

"I love you! You're the best." She says, smiling as bright as the first ray of sunshine. "How did you manage to get this tender? I thought we lost it." she inquired curiously as she wasn't hoping to get the project this time.

"You just name it and I'll get it for you, my child" he replied, who was expecting the same reaction from his daughter. She smiled with her gaze fixed on the file, Desai remembered something he was pinned up about and thought to inquire about it "Reena! What's cooking up in your mind?" He questioned

Reena peek at her father who was looking at her suspiciously, "I didn't get you, papa." she asks in an alarming and confusing tinged with voice.

"Kamal told me about what happened in the club before I walked in." he told her as Reena shifted her glare aside not wanting to answer her father about anything which she isn't aware of, it's so stressful for her not to know how she has been feeling about something. Also, she was embarrassed as she don't even know what exactly Kamal told her father.

Desai walks closer and cups her cheeks making her look at him, "I hope you aren't-" before the older man would complete he was interrupted by his daughter. "Trust me papa! There is nothing as you and Kamal are thinking. I will talk to Kamal about this." she assured her father, he nods not bothering her any further as he trusts his daughter's words. He kissed her forehead, mumbled a small good night to her, and left the room giving her some space.