14

Lisa POV

I haven't been able to take my eyes off Jennie all night. Why does this happen every time I drink? It's like the alcohol turns her into some kind of magnet and my eyes are made of metal. She's fucking Magneto. And she looks pretty today too.

'You think that every day.'

I don't. I don't. I think it sometimes, the times she comes out looking pretty, which isn't many, it's a few. I'm looking forward to hearing her sing. While she chooses the song I pour myself another drink, I think I'm starting to feel the effects of the alcohol.

'How beautiful Jisoo and Rosé look together.'

I'm so happy for my friend, they keep looking at each other as if they're going to kiss at any moment but... in the end they don't! If they don't do it tonight for themselves I'm going to put their heads together and force them.

JENNIE: I know what I'm going to sing.

I look at her curiously. Rosé laughs.

ROSÉ: I already know what you've chosen.

Jennie smiles at Rosé.

'Her smile kills me.'

JENNIE: I don't know why it's taken me so long to choose, I always start with the same one.

Then the beginning of Rihanna's Take a bow comes on and Jennie starts singing. She hasn't even finished the first line and I'm already burning inside.

'She's perfect.'

No, no, she's not perfect. She's a magnet, she's magnetic, that's it. She's not perfect because sometimes she's hateful. Although it's true that now, watching her singing, I can't remember what it is that I hate (do I hate her?) so much about her. Her voice is full of shades, it's sweet, it's dark, it sounds too good. I wish I could say something to her, but I can't. I must not. I shouldn't. It wouldn't be right. If I tell her she sings well or that she's pretty she'd just roll her eyes and look down on me. Or she'd be offended that I'd be so confident with her and force me to call her Miss Kim again.

'Jennie hates me. But I don't hate her.'

I picked up my phone. I opened my conversation with her.

'Not my conversation. Jeongyeon's.'

For a moment my chest filled with bitterness, I wish I could talk to her like that, like Lisa and Jennie, not like Jeongyeon and Jennie.

But now it doesn't matter, I'm just going to write her a sentence, just a sentence I've been thinking all night and now, seeing her in front of me singing with a smile on her lips, it makes more sense than ever.

JEONGYEON: I can't stop looking at you.

I put my phone away and finish my drink, watching Jennie sing.

Jennie POV

JIMIN: Amazing, Jen.

JISOO: I didn't know you could sing.

SEO HEE: You all sing great, if I knew I wouldn't sing the first one.

I smile and thank them. Lisa is very serious in her seat, she hasn't said anything to me, I'm sure she's upset because she was hoping to make fun of me and she can't.

JENNIE: Well that's it, Lisa, now it's your turn.

Lisa looks at me.

LISA: Rosé hasn't sung yet.

Rosé and Jisoo giggle.

JISOO: Rosé is going to sing with me next, but we don't know what yet and we have to decide, so come on, it's your turn.