15

Jennie POV

Just another Monday at the office. After the week spent at Lisa's house, it's especially difficult for me. Back to the routine, back to the day to day office and its incompatible rhythm with a normal life. I need some holidays. Thank God that in a couple of days we finish the energy drink campaign and the workload will decrease a lot.

Lisa is at my door, she's finally here and she's brought me coffee. Coffee, that's exactly what I need.

LISA: Morning.

She smiles at me in a weird, shy way. What's wrong with her?

JENNIE: Everything okay?

LISA: Yes, I get your coffee.

JENNIE: Thank you.

'¿?'.

Lisa stands in front of me without saying anything as I take a sip of coffee. I don't know why she's not leaving and she's staring at me.

JENNIE: Do you want anything?

LISA: No, nothing, just this, I wanted to say good morning. I have to get back to my desk, I have a lot of work to do because I still have reports due.

She laughs like a creep. If it wasn't for the fact that I already know what she's like when she's drunk, I'd think she'd been drinking before she came over.

JENNIE: OK, thanks.

Every day in the office with this girl is such an adventure, sometimes I feel I'm missing episodes of my own life.

Lisa POV

Jennie looks beautiful today but I'm not thinking about her. I've got a lot of work to do in the final stretch of the campaign and I can't let her distract me with those damn cat eyes.

'But I love cats so much.'

Absolute concentration on work. I send orders to my brain to stop being distracted by nonsense and after a while it seems that it has finally listened to me because I've made a lot of progress. When I had already filled in the questionnaire for the followup of the campaign, two hours had passed and it felt like I had been concentrated for minutes, I admire my ability to focus today, it's incredible, I'm incredible.

Jennie is looking at me. Why is she looking at me? I have to focus.

'Jennie, stop looking at me. I'm not thinking about you, you don't exist. I'm not thinking about you, you don't exist. I'm not thinking about you, you don't exist.'

That's it, Jennie doesn't exist, next report.

My mobile vibrates.

'She's making it impossible for me not to think about her.'

She's texted me on Tinder. We spent all Sunday talking to each other without getting out of bed. We watched a drama together that Rosé had recommended to her and we talked about it on the app until late at night. It was nice, I felt very close to her. How can she be so awake this morning having slept as little as we did?

X: Hi.

I was so busy looking at my phone that I didn't see Sandra coming.

LISA: Hi.

SANDRA: We hadn't seen each other for days and I wanted to congratulate you on the success of the campaign.

She smiled at me. I look at Jennie, I don't want her to scold me, although now that the campaign is about to end, she shouldn't have to.

LISA: Thank you. We all worked so hard.

SANDRA: Yes, but it was your idea.

I smile.