16

Jennie POV

Tuesday. Tomorrow we finish the campaign. I'm exhausted, I should have gone to bed earlier but I was talking to Jeongyeon until late. I wish I could close my eyes and it was Friday.

'Finally, here comes Lisa with my coffee.'

LISA: Morning.

She's all smiles, she looks happy. She must have spent the night with Sandra. Well, I don't care, outside the office she can do whatever she wants.

JENNIE: Good morning.

She stares at me for a while, looking like she wants to tell me something but can't make up her mind. I nod to her to see if she'll finally speak, or leave, or do something.

LISA: You look beautiful today.

'Okay, I wasn't expecting that.'

I look at her with my mouth open. Lisa said something nice to me. Agh, why did I like it. She's only saying that because she's coming off a night of wild sex with Sandra and she's in such a good mood today that she even says something nice to me.

'Don't let her notice that you liked it. Indifference.'

JENNIE: Thanks.

LISA: You didn't say hi at the brewery yesterday. Why?

JENNIE: You looked busy with Sandra.

LISA: Well... the truth is that she tricked me a bit. She said we were going for a drink with the Design people but when I got there we were alone.

'I don't care, why is she explaining to me.'

JENNIE: And you're telling me that because...

LISA: So you don't think wrong.

JENNIE: I didn't think wrong, you can do whatever you want outside of the office.

LISA: I know, but I wanted you to know that there's nothing going on between me and Sandra, and that you could have said hi to me. She's not exactly my type.

She looks at me with such intensity when she says this last thing that for a moment I forget to breathe. Why do she have those eyes that are so... so I don't know, I don't even know what word could describe them. I swallow.

JENNIE: Lisa, I don't care what you do outside of working hours, what's going on between you and Sandra and also what your type is. If we didn't say hello, it's because we wanted to talk about our stuff.

She stares at me, thoughtful, for a moment looking... sad?

'What did she expect me to say.'

LISA: Okay.

I decide to end conversation.

JENNIE: Thanks for the coffee.

When she leaves she has the opposite face to the one she came with. She sits at her desk pensive, sometimes I wonder what's inside her head, she seems to be discussing things with herself all day long.

I knew Sandra wasn't her type, she couldn't be, they were too strange couple. Maybe I've been too rude to her, she was just explaining herself to me because... well I don't know why, but maybe I gave her a dirty look yesterday and she felt she owed me. Last night I was angry, maybe she noticed and wanted to explain the situation to me so I wouldn't think she was coming to the office to flirt.

I can't understand why I am so nasty to Lisa, she is not so hateful anymore, she talks to me better lately, sometimes I even think she thinks we're friends. But when I have her around I get nervous and those nerves make me push her away and put distance between the two of us. I'm her boss and she's my assistant, I think I try too hard to put us both in those positions, in every way.