34

Jennie POV

It's 9 o'clock and I can't sleep any more. No matter what time I go to bed or how many hours I sleep, there's a kind of alarm clock in me that wakes me up at 8.30 at the latest and the rest is over. Lisa is still sleeping, she has a much harder time waking up. I like the idea of waking up next to her after all night making love. I love the way she touches me, the way she kisses me....

Let's see what happens. That's all. One day, and then another, and another, and another. Just like that. I talk, she talks, we get to know each other, we desire each other, we kiss, we like each other and who knows. Who knows...

I think about Jeongyeon and right now I don't see much point. If I'm going to focus on getting carried away with whatever's going on with Lisa I should make it clear to Jeongyeon, be honest.

'Hey Jeongyeon, I don't think we should keep talking so much because even though you're a cool girl, I'm meeting someone.'

Too cold... Well, it's not that either. I'm getting overwhelmed because I don't know how to 'dump' a girl I've never seen in person. Yet I owe her. I've spent weeks talking to her for hours, every night before going to sleep, in the mornings as soon as I wake up, all day long. We have spent time and effort getting to know each other, I would like her to be clear and honest if she wanted it to end, to tell me something, a reason.

I pick up my mobile from the bedside table, it wasn't left anywhere last night like the day before, when we ripped our clothes off uncontrollably and I couldn't find anything. The thought of that makes me smile and my belly tingles.

OK. I'll write her something assertive. Not that I think it will hurt her or anything, but she might think she's wasted her time and feel disappointed, so I'd rather just say it nicely and that's it.

JENNIE: Hi.

Lisa's mobile vibrates on the bedside table and startles me.

'Focus.'

Okay. Jeongyeon isn't online right now, she hasn't been on Tinder for a couple of days. It's weird.

JENNIE: I know I haven't written you anything these days, I've been so busy with the trip to New York.

JENNIE: I hope you're well.

Lisa's mobile phone vibrates again. Is it a coincidence? The three times I've texted Jeongyeon?

JENNIE: Ajgsfweqwa.

JENNIE: Aasffwebq.

Her mobile vibrates again. I feel an unpleasant burning sensation fill my chest. I pick up Lisa's phone and there on the screen are my message notifications.

Lisa is Jeongyeon.

Lisa POV

JENNIE: Wake up!

Jennie shakes me and startles me.

'Did we miss the plane?'

I look at her worriedly, Jennie is already dressed and she looks very angry, pacing back and forth beside the bed.

LISA: Hello...

JENNIE: Can you explain this to me?

She shows me the phone. My phone. Explain what?

LISA: Jen... I don't think I'm awake yet. I don't understand.

Jennie's cheeks are red with anger, I've never seen her so angry, not even the day of the ice cream. I feel my head freeze. I just hope she doesn't mean....