chapter four

The Maeves were in front of the line, followed by Caterina and Luna, both carrying their suitcases, and struggling terribly, as they hiked followed by everyone else in the camp.

The Maeves stopped in the middle of nowhere and turned towards the group. Maeve Junior blew her whistle to get everyone's attention and Maeve grabbed the megaphone. "Alright, girls. The rest of you, back to your activities!"

The crowd of young children cheered and ran back towards the camp.

"You two," Maeve pointed at Luna and Caterina, "The isolation cabin." Maeve Junior mockingly pointed at the trail that led to the cabin as the two young girls groaned.

Luna sighed and scrunched her face up in annoyance. It was late at night and all she wanted to do was sleep but Caterina wouldn't turn the lights off. Caterina sighed as she sat on her bed and wrote in her journal, occasionally glancing at Luna. Luna opened her eyes and glared at Caterina. She reached for the light switch and turned the lights off, leaving Caterina in the dark. Caterina loudly sighed and turned it on again. Luna madly got up and turned the lights off once again, and it kept going.

They couldn't agree on anything.

A few days later, it was pouring at the camp. While girls ran out of the lake and into their cabins to escape the rain, Luna and Caterina were stuck in the isolation cabin.

Luna was hanging her favorite pictures up on the wall as Caterina was playing a card game by herself. Luna glanced at Caterina and tried to fight the urge to go up to her. After all, she couldn't do that, they weren't friends and they never would be, right?

But out of nowhere, the wind started picking up, taking Luna's attention away from Caterina. Luna had left her window open to get some air circulating and most of the pictures she was hanging on the wall fell as she struggled to close the window. Caterina looked up, startled by all the noise and ran up to the window to try to help Luna.

"Oh, God, it's stuck." Caterina complained. A few seconds later, they managed to close it.

"Thanks." Luna smiled at Caterina.

"You're welcome." Caterina smiled back.

Luna looked over to the floor and sighed once she saw that the wind and rain had ruined a couple of her pictures. "Oh, man." She complained as she picked them up.

Caterina dropped the floor and helped Luna pick them up. Her eyes fell on Luna's stuffed animal and she picked up it. "Oh, here's your.." Caterina handed it to Luna, who smiled.

"Cuppy." Caterina giggled.

"Any of your pictures ruined?"

"Only the beautiful Leo DiCaprio."

"Who?"

Luna frowned. "You've never heard of Leonardo DiCaprio? How far away is London, anyway?"

"Well, from here it's three thousand miles but sometimes it seems much further." Caterina shrugged. "How far is your home?"

"California's way at the other end of the country." Luna explained. "Actually, here's a picture of my house." Luna grabbed it from her pile of pictures and handed it to Caterina. The house was huge, a beautiful white color. There was a blonde woman on it, turned backwards.