chapter twelve

HAPPY STATION 19 DAY!
_________

"They'll be here any minute now. Now, be nice, Daddy. She's everything you've ever wanted for your little girl, plus millions more." Charlotte threw her father a wink as they stood at the lobby waiting for Maya, Andy, Vic and Caterina. Her father smirked and nodded.

"Then you know I'll be nice." They giggled.

Maya walked into the lobby and waved at Charlotte, who grinned once she saw her. "There she is," Charlotte said, her smile significantly dropping once she saw the rest of them, including Sammy, following the blonde woman. She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh, "with the whole motley crew."

Charlotte ran over to Maya and threw her arms around her, placing a kiss on her lips. "Hi, baby!" Caterina turned to Andy and Vic and mimicked Charlotte, making Vic snort. "Hi, Luna, Victoria and Andy. Oh, and Sammy. What in the world are you doing here?" She fake giggled and turned to Maya, leaning into her ear and whispering, "Honey, a dog at the Stafford?"

Maya shrugged, "Luna begged me to bring him."

Charlotte took a deep breath. "You're so cute." She smiled at Maya and turned to Sammy. "Hi, cutie!" Charlotte held out her hand to pet him, making him growl. She widened her eyes and Caterina pressed her lips together, fighting a smile.

"Good boy," Vic whispered before turning to Charlotte, "So, these your parents?"

"Yes! That's my mom and my dad. Mom, Dad, this is my fiancé and the love of my life, Maya Bishop." Maya smiled at the older couple standing beside Charlotte. "And this is her little girl, Luna. This entire prenuptial get together was her idea, actually. We've got her to thank for this!" Caterina gave them a small smile, internally praying this would be over soon.

Charlotte's father grinned at Caterina, "How are you, young lady? We've only heard wonderful things about you."

Charlotte's mother also smiled at her, "Hello, pet! You can call me Aunt Vicki!" Caterina glanced at Andy and Vic in a silent cry for help.

Gabriella stepped out of the taxi and took a deep breath, stretching her muscles out. Luna followed, yawing tiredly, and then Amelia, her hair messy. The three of them, once out of the car, glanced worriedly at the backseat where Carina hadn't moved.

Gabriella held out a hand for Carina, who was way too dunk, but she stuck out her foot instead. Gabriella took another deep breath, cursing her best friend under her breath. "Other end, Rina."

Carina's eyes widened and she giggled, causing the taxi driver to roll his eyes. "Oops." She said as got out of the car with a tiny bottle in her hands, curtesy of the airline's first class. She chugged the rest of it and threw it on a garbage can, making Luna flinch.

"That was such a great flight, sì?" Carina slurred.

Gabriella ran to her side, putting an arm over her shoulder and making sure her best friend wouldn't fall. "I don't think I've ever seen you so.. so.."

"Thirsty?" Amelia snorted.

"That's one way to put it." Luna muttered.

"Guys, I don't think I'd ever had that wine before. It tasted so different." She giggled.

"Mamma, that was vodka." Luna groaned. "I'm so screwed." She whispered to herself.

Carina's eyes widened as she giggled even harder. "I hadn't drank vodka in so long! Not since before Luna and Caterina! Can you believe it?"

"Could've fooled me." Gabriella rolled her eyes. "Come on, drunkie."

Meanwhile, Caterina, Maya, Charlotte and the rest of the people with them had just left the dining room after checking it out. "If the hotel can do it, I think that room is perfect for the wedding!," Charlotte said, "Don't get me wrong, May, I love the idea of it being at the house but this is just so perfect. Not too cramped, not too big. It's like it was made for us." She smiled at Maya and planted a kiss on her lips. Sammy started wagging his tail and pulling Caterina to the other side of the lobby, making her go with Andy and Vic following. "Now, I've already checked us all in. Why don't we go freshen up and meet in a hour for lunch?" Charlotte asked her parents.

"Alright, see you!" They left and Charlotte turned to Maya, pulling her closer.

"Now, why don't we go check out that honeymoon suite, baby?" She asked and gave Maya a kiss, making the blonde woman smirk. "I bet it's to die for."

On the other side of the lobby, Luna, Amelia, Gabriella and Carina walked in the elevator. Just as the doors were about to close, Carina stuck her hand out, making the doors open again. "Oops! Forgot my bag."

As Carina turned the corner, Sammy traced Luna's scent. He started barking once he saw Luna and ran towards her, making Caterina, Vic and Andy gasp. Luna crouched down to his level and hugged him as the doors closed.

Carina, now with her purse, made her way back to the elevator doors, finding Caterina staring at it. Vic and Andy glanced at each other and quickly turned away, not wanting Carina to see them.

"Mamma!" Caterina exclaimed once she saw her mother.

Carina smiled at her, "Bambina, you didn't have to wait for me. I could've found the room by myself." She slurred, making Caterina's eyes widen. "Besides, I need a breath of fresh air. You have no idea how strong Vodka is." She giggled.

"Holy hell." Vic whispered to Andy.

"Go on, bella. I'll meet you upthair. Up the stairs? I mean, uppth.. upstairs. Cazzo, Ci vediamo di sopra." She giggled once again and walked away, stumbling. A few steps in, she turned back and smiled at Caterina. "I like that jacket, by the way. Were you wearing it on the flight?"

"Mamma, watch out!" Caterina yelled out as Carina had just missed a passing doorman carrying a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Oops!" She giggled and walked away.

Caterina sighed and turned back towards Vic and Andy, "I can't believe this! Mamma barely ever drinks but chooses this day out of all of them to show up completely wasted!"

Vic let out a laugh and Andy placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, pulling her to the elevator. "Well, just do what she said and meet her upthairs." She mocked, making Caterina giggle as the three of them walked in.

In that exact moment, Maya and Charlotte walked into the lobby, making their way to an elevator that had just arrived. Charlotte started nibbling on Maya's ear and smirking at her and Maya wrapped an arm around her fiancé's waist.

Carina made her way back into the lobby and walked towards the elevators and saw Maya. Both women's worlds' stopped at that moment. Carina gave her a small smile and waved as Maya shockingly stared at her, her mouth slightly open and eyes widened. 
Maya blinked several times, not believing that the love of her life was standing just a couple feet away from her. As the elevator's doors started to close, Maya started to lean against the wall, further and further from Charlotte to keep looking at Carina until it closed completely.