chapter fifteen

"I don't believe this." Maya said as she sat down in a chair and grabbed a towel, patting herself dry.

"You could've just put a swim suit on, you know." Carina joked and Maya shot her a glare.

"Shut up, Car." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"And not putting our daughter on Italian classes? That was low of you." She arched an eyebrow, joking. Maya stuck out her tongue.

"God, seeing them together, seeing you. I can't believe it." Maya teared up but quickly looked up to blink away any tears. She kept patting herself dry, flinching as she touched her eyebrow, noticing a cut.

Carina's eyes widened as she saw the cut and she quickly sat down beside Maya, "Let me help you with that." She turned to the towel girl, "Hi, do you have a first aid kit?" The girl nodded and went to go get it. "Why don't you lie down?"

"Wow, not even going to take a girl out for dinner first?" Maya joked and Carina playfully rolled her eyes as she opened the first aid kit the girl had given her. "So, how are you, Car? Or does everyone call you Carina now?"

"Car is fine. And you were always the only one who called me Car, you know that." Maya grinned, "And I'm good. Yeah, everything's been.. terrific."

Maya still hadn't stopped grinning and she leaned forward, getting a bit closer to Carina, "You know, you haven't changed a bit."

Carina arched an eyebrow as she grabbed an alcohol swab, "Is that a compliment?" Maya smirked and Carina swiped it on the cut, making the blonde woman flinch.

"Car!" She whined.

"Finally! There you are." Charlotte said as she walked towards them, making the two women distance themselves. "Oh! Uh, good, you've met. Honey, Carina is an OB and remember how we've been talking about.. Wait, I don't understand," She frowned as Maya and Carina stood up, "How did you two meet? And, May, why are you all wet?"

"I'm interested to know how you being an OB is relevant. Why were you talking to my fiancé about that, Car?" Maya joked as she looked at Carina.

Carina raised her arms defensively and giggled, "I didn't know she was your fiancée, May." She mocked.

Maya turned back to Charlotte, "How did we meet?" She asked, "How did you two meet?"

Charlotte frowned, "Am I missing something here?"

Maya laughed and scratched the back of her neck, "Wow, this is one small world."

Charlotte arched an eyebrow and Maya couldn't help but think about just how gorgeous Carina looked with an raised eyebrow. "Just how small?"

As Charlotte stared at Maya and Carina with arched eyebrows, Luna walked over to her side, "Hi, Char." She said.

Charlotte looked down, finding Luna with a smile and she gave her a small smile back, "Hello."

Caterina walked over to Charlotte's other side, "How you doing?"

Charlotte screamed as she stared between Luna and Caterina, who were smugly smiling at her.

Maya scratched the back of her head, "Honey, did I ever mention to you that Luna was a twin?"

Charlotte shot her a glare and took a deep breath, "I'm afraid you forgot that little detail, May."

Luna smiled at her, "Don't feel so bad, Char. She never mentioned it to me either, right, Mom?" She shot Maya a glare. "By the way, I'm the real Luna. This is Caterina." Caterina smiled and shrugged at Charlotte, "She was pretending to be me while I was pretending to be her. And this is our Mamma, Carina DeLuca." She pointed at Carina.

Charlotte stared at the other two adults, "This is your mother?"

"Yes," Luna and Caterina replied at the same time.

She turned to Carina, "You were married to her?"

Carina smiled at the floor and shrugged, "Guilty again."

Charlotte gave them a fake smile and shook her head, placing her hands on her hips, "My, my. This truly is a small world." She said.

"And getting smaller," Maya added.

"And what a coincidence we're all here on the same weekend!" She exclaimed, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "How sweet!"

On the other side of the pool, Amelia, Gabriella, Andy and Vic cackled at the scene.

"Guys, this is so much better than soap operas." Vic said, making them laugh even harder as they watched Charlotte getting fired up.

"This is Maya's worst nightmare, I think." Andy said and Vic nodded, still laughing.

"Carina's too, I think." Gabriella added.

"At least Rina got to play doctor with Maya." Amelia giggled, "What's the deal with Maya's fiancé, anyway?" She asked once they'd stopped laughing.

Vic and Andy groaned, "She's a gold digger and Maya's stupid ass is falling for it."

Amelia grimaced, "Wow. I have a feeling our twins are going to take care of her, though." She smirked.