HEA #4

The Two Halves

First six months of their marriage were blurry vision for them.

Veer was guilty that he did not acknowledged her and their relationship at that meeting when he waned to shout on top of his lungs that she was his. He was obviously shocked knowing that his wife was actually working at his office, but mostly he was annoyed that Deep never talked about it nor she looked bothered. She was happily living and working under his nose without knowing the effects she has on him.

Deep was relieved that Veer did not officiated their relationship. She was not ready. Neither she was ready to face mocking eyes and snide comments on her back about her runaway fiancé. Bad news do spread like wildfire and she didn't even started it.

At home she mostly stayed away from her husband, she have no idea why, but she thought it was for best. Maybe because she had this unexplainable attraction towards him which, without any efforts, just getting stronger. Like a creeping plant, climbing towards sky on just some lingering smell of cologne in the kitchen, as a base. She thought staying away from him would be the best. She couldn't bear another heart break when she knew their marriage is just a contract.

Though they have some moments between them. Like he would prefer her team often for a project he deemed important. Randomly brush his fingers to hers, when handling some files but bith of them would stay numb about electric current they felt across their body.

Once when Veer came home, he saw Deep in the kitchen doing the dishes.

"What are you doing?" Veer asked.

Deep who was adorned with plastic apron and long washing gloves, looked at him as he was the dumbest person, "Umm, washing dishes."

"I can see that, but ehy?" Veer asked simultaneously, puutung his office bag on kitchen counter and taking off the jacket of his business suit.

Deep continued doing her dishes, " The maid will be off duty for a week to attend his son's wedding." She also did not want to look at her devishly handsome husband out of his office attire.
Veer hold her hands to stop her and gently puushed her away from the sink. She could see that he already was in his royal blue shirt, whose sleeves were folded to his elbow, and showing his well toned forearms and veins inside the skin, she gulped.
"Sometimes I feel like I married a dumb woman." Veer commented jokingly. "How could you not notice this damn big dishewasher under the sink?"
Veer was not looking at her, if he was, he would know that Deep was not listening to him, all her attention was at his action. Like, how effortlessly he loaded the dishwasher and meanwhile he also managed to wash all the dishes she applied soap to, efficiently, without breaking any drop of sweat or letting a single drop of water on his shirt.

"Here, done." Veer said, drying his hand with kitchen towel. Deep rushed towards her room after discarding the apron and gloves. She fell on her bed face first in an failed attempt to hide the heat on her face from herself. Veer rushed to his room too once he was done, to take off his heat under a cold shower.

On one random friday night, Veer came home early. He was greeted by Deep who, for a change, watching Netflix in the living room. She looked so comfortable and welcoming that he didn't bother to change and went to sit on the couch beside her. She was watching something in foreign language.

"What are you watching?" He asked curiously, though by now he got an idea.

Deep looked in his eyes, one thing he noticed, that she always make eye contact while talking, which made her look confident, hiding the fact that she was an introvert. "A re-run of Kdrama." She answered, looking back at the T.V. she was sitting on the couch with legs tucked under her hips.