HEA #3

Motherhood

"Huff," Gauri sighed as soon as she landed on her sofa. She stretched her hands and pressed the back of her neck with her palms lightly and closed her eyes. When felt weight on both her thighs, she opened her eyes and smiled at her daughters. She starts to stroke their raven hairs. They were spitting image of their mother except eyes and height. Both of them inherited it from their father, shining hazelnut color, sharp ends that can be intimidating even at their age and in contrast to their mother's short form they were taller for five year old. She loves them both more than anyone in the world she still wish sometimes they don't have that monster's eyes.

They both were looking at her with cheeky grin. She frowned and raised an eyebrow, "What you want girls?" she asked them in amused tone.

"What can't we just smile now?" Garvita retorted.

"Yeah, you can if I wouldn't know you. Now what you want?" She asked again. "Wait let me guess. You both argued again. Right?" they both shook their heads in no.

"Well, she argued but I didn't reply back." Ashmita said, straightening herwhite cotton skirt.

"No I did not. I was just proving my statement." Garvita stated, crossing her arms in front of her chest, huffing.

"Ryu Ashi, don't start again. What you want?" Gauri got up and made her way towards the kitchen for coffee.

"Guitar." "Dress." They both said simultaneously.

"What?"She asked again with wide eyes, now her full attention was on them.

"We have annual fest at school next to next month and I have taken part in music competition. So I want a guitar to play" Garvita explained. "Yes, and I am playing Cinderella at junior school play so I need a princess dress." Ashmita added.

Garvita was a tomboy. Bob cut hair that end just above her ears and her voice was little heavier for a girl, only little. While Ashmita was more girly. Her hair ends just above her waist, she loves dresses and make-ups. Her voice was lighter but shrill. They both were polar opposite of each other, nature wise. Though they were identical twins and look like their mother, one can easily tell difference between them, not just from their behavior but also from a small mole Garvita had exactly at the end of her right eyebrow.

Things that were common in them was their age and fairy tales. They both love them but Garvita was more attracted towards dragons that earned her nickname Ryu from her mother.

"You don't know how to play guitar Ryu and Ashi your school will provide you with your dresses. No need for extra expenses."

"Mom, don't be miser." Garvita retorted with a pout.

"Please, please please please please please, pretty please, with cherry on the top and strawberries," Ashmita pleaded, "And chocolates", Garvtia finished.

Gauri shook her head in disappointment but eventually gave in and smiles at them. "Alright Saturday will be our shopping day."

They both screeched in excitement and hugged their mother from her waist. She bend down and hugged them tightly, thanking God for the lovely gifts.

After their little exchange, Gauri went back to make herself a cup of coffee and some little snacks for her daughters. As she was about to pour coffee into her white ceramic coffee cup her hand froze mid air. Her eyes widen in sudden realization and very slowly she settled the kettle on kitchen counter after pouring its content into the cup. She slowly very slowly made her way to the living room.

She saw a very rare scene, which even being their mom she rarely got to see, both the girls were talking very slowly to each other, talking not arguing. Not wanting to disturb them she sat on the front couch without and noise and take a sip from the cup. She set the cup on the side table, intertwined her finger and put them on her lap, waiting for them to acknowledge her.