HEA #5

Trouble In Paradise

Deep and Veer fell into comfortable routine. They would be busy all week, barely talking but on weekends they would be spending as coffee date at home. Deep would share her past and Veer would tell her about his. Like how his parents died in road accident, how his grandfather raised him, why he hate his aunt and cousin. Recently he also told her about his ex fiancée who cheated on him.

One day Deep came home to find a beautifully wrapped gift and a bouquet of pink roses.

Be ready at seven. Veer.

The note said.

Deep opened the gift to find a beautiful sleeveless olive knee length dress with boat neck. It was plain silk apart from the diamond studded belt attached to the waist. She arranged the flowers in her room, and donned the dress, surprisingly it fitted well. She paired the dress with velvet black heels, which also were her only lavish pair she owned.

Exactly at seven p.m. door bell rang and she opend the to find a fancy dressed driver. To her confusion, he took her to the top floor where she found a shining black helicopter standing, the driver was actually the pilot. At first she was very skeptical about the whole scene but Veer's messaged her to board it and so after 1 hour of joureny, alone in a lavish helicopter, she was now standing at nowhere, or atleast what she thought.
Veer was so excited for their date. He was very much sure that Deep would've forgotten about today. He ran out of the cottage as soon as he heard his helicopter. Seeing how Deep was frantically looking around and almost laughed at this, but not wasting much time he went near her to pit an end to her curiosity.
Veer called her out from behind and as soon as Deep saw him she jumped at him and hugged him tightly.
"I got scared. I trust you but this was too much." She mumbled on his shoulder.
Veer was shocked at the electric jolt he felt all ober his body at Deep's action but he huuged her back tightly, patting her and apologized for scaring her. A moment passed when Deep realized how close she was to him. She instantly let go, and both felt cold.

Veer cleared his throat and lead her inside the cottage. It was beautifully decorated with red roses and candles.

"Is somthing special today?" Deep asked confused.

"I knew you would've forgot about it and this maybe too much, but I wanted to celebrate our special day today." Veer said. Upon seeing confusion on his wife's face, Veer decided to fill in. "Today we completed one year together."

Deep gasped, covering her mouth with both hands. Seconds passed when she came into senses and hugged Veer again. It was surely a lucky day for Veer. "I am so sorry for forgetting a day like this." She said, breaking the hug.
Veer led her to the dinning table. "Don't mind that, I think you must be hungry."
Deep sat on the chair offered by her husband and apologized again for her forgetfulness.
"It's ok. I don't want you to remember the day, when that bastard left you." He said, slightly gritting her teeth.

"Still I am grateful for your kindness. I must confess, I got so comfortable, living with you, I forgot we were married."

They were at private beach house/cottage. Veer's parents brought him here once, and he never visited it even once after their death. But he decided to clean it and give Deep a surprise on their anniversary.

"Thankyou." Deep said after they finished their food. It was authentic Japanese and Korean food, made by top chefs whom, Veer invited. They cooked the food for them and left, all vegetarian as Deep was one. Now they were in middle of their desert, red velvet cake. "Although I must say, this grand gesture was not necessary. Afterall we were only bound by a contract."

Veer stopped midway looking directly into Deep's eyes, he asked "What do you mean?"

"I mean our marriage contract is over now, so you are not compelled to live with me."