Happily Ever After (Season 2)

Betrayed

"What? You are joking right?" Veer raked a angry hand through his hairs, "You can't be serious grandpaa. This is my birth right. I was born to do this. My parents worked hard for this and you are threatening me to take all that away?" He shouted desperately.

Anil Rajput sighed, pinching the bridge of the nose he put on his glasses. He finally looked at his grandson, Veer Rajput in his eyes from the files he was reading. They were at the study of the rajput mansion one of the most valuable and prestigious buildings of the Rajput as well as the country.

"You left me no choice, son" Anil replied. "The recent scandal of yours is now a bone in the neck of these investors and shareholders. They think that you are not serious about the business."

"So you will take away all that?" Veer asked, frustrated.

"Yes, and not only that I will give all of that to your cousin, who you know did not deserve it."

"That's backstabbing your deceased son and daughter in law."

"Mind you language Veer." Anil stood up from his chair rather harshly, which caused him to loose balance. Since the death of his son and his wife in a car accident ten years ago, his health was deteriorating day by day. His personal secretary Shankar was instantly on his side to support him.

"You will not say your parents name like this." Anil continued despite coughing. Veer's heart clenched looking at his grandfather like this. He was the only real family he has left. "Do you even know the news that is circulating right now in the media? Your fiancée was pregnant with another man. And you are here saying you didn't even know. Every now and then you've been seen with different woman. Now that you announced one as your fiancée she betrayed you. If you can't keep a single girl how will you manage the company." Anil took deep breath to stablize himself, seating back on the chair, he drank the glass of water offered by Shankar.

"It still did not give you the rights to give everything to that bastard, I maybe not good with girls but I am damn good with the company. I have done nothing to deserve that and also that's my father's money you are talking about." Veer yelled again.

"I told you to watch your language in front of me. That's your aunt's son you are talking about." Anil reprimanded Veer. "You are ruining our reputation as Rajput. We are royalty in the country. Our ancestors lived for their words. We take pride in that, your father and I and my father never looked at other woman apart from our respective wives, and you are man-whoring around the world." Veer winced at those words.

"Either you are getting married within a month or you are going to be stripped off this company. I am giving you three weeks to choose your bride and on fourth week I will give you few options. If you still reject them then say goodbye to your father's dream and yours too."

With that Anil stood up and retired to his bedroom, giving no room for any arguments. Veer clenched his teeth and tightened his fist so hard that he could smell blood and hear cracks. He stood there for what felt like eternity.

*
Deep was oscillating like a pendulum in the corridor of marriage court, with her phone to her ears and dialing the same number which was going directly to voice mail. Like a broken record she was repeating the same thing, "Where are you? Pick up the phone. I am waiting."

Even after five in the evening she didn't lose hope, but when the lawyer who was going to help Deep and her boyfriend register their marriage left for the day, she broke down.

Deep Goswami was an interior designer. Her life was perfect. She was working in her dream company, being well paid, had a boyfriend, who tall dark and handsome, together they were living in an apartment which they were going to buy, and had a joint account in which they kept their savings.

Her life was perfect, or that what she thought.

That illusion was broken today when, her boyfriend of five years ditched her at court room. Now it was dark and raining and she was still sitting, all drenched, in her newly brought beautiful peach color chiffon saree thinking about what went wrong.

Her eyes alredy went sore for crying and watching at her phone screen which was about to turn off, a message was delivered to her exactly at six p.m. that her joint account has been cleared of all the money. That son of a bitch took all her money and ran away.

Well to her satisfaction, for past one year she was not transferring much of her money and also withdraw some more to make a separate account because he was acting weird and 'borrowed' too much money from the account.

*

One week had already passed since his grandfather's ultimatum and he still couldn't find a girl to marry. Even when anyone would happily marry him but he still wanted something more.

Like this he was passing from the court, when he saw a girl sitting in heavy rain, on the stairs of the court. That lone girl pulled his heart so strongly that he stopped the car immediately and went to her with an umbrella.

The scene was almost surreal, midnight, black clouds, white and peach color under a red umbrella. It was almost like the God wanted them to meet like this. Destiny works in unusual way.

It took few minutes for Deep to register that rain drops stop falling on her head. But when she looked up her eyes widened as she found a very handsome man looking at her holding an umbrella above her patiently.

Veer was pulled towards the girl with light grey eyes was suiting her dusky skin, without any reason. He sat beside her, she scooted away a little not so subtly. He wanted to chuckle at this action but he controlled himself.

They sat there for in silence for a longtime without any discomfort. The heavy rain slowly turned into drizzle.

Veer sighed before starting a conversation. "I believe you are in great distress if you are sitting here in rain and not did not left even after a stranger sat next to you."

Deep laughed, sarcasm was dripping in that, but still manage to pull Veer's heart strings. "And you must be a very kind hearted to stop your luxury car and pull this stunt for me." She answerd sarcastically.

Veer didn't flinch at her tone rather for some unknown reason he wanted to listen to this beautiful stranger for lifetime. "To be honest I was just pulled towards you without any reason."

Deep's craned her neck towards the man instantly. Through wet eyelashes she looked up at him properly this time. He was just not handsome, he was a greek god, sleek nose, chiseled jaws, honey brown eyes, she had no doubt that beneath that white shirt he was adorning, there is a body sculpted by Michaelangelo himself. But his honesty was mind blowing.

"So what do you want?" She asked.

"To marry you." Veer replied almost instantly as if he was waiting for her since eternity.

Deep looked at him like he was some alien, he might be with the statement he just passed.

Veer explained further, "Look, I am not a prevert, we can sign a prenup, I won't even touch you. But I am in need of a wife urgently and you here are clearly ditched by your boyfriend. So we can be benefiting each other."

Deep stood up and winced, her body was sore for sitting in the same position for hours. She started to climb down from the stairs.

"Wait," Veer shouted from behind. "I am serious. We can have a proper contract for it."

Deep stopped mid stairs. Her chiffon saree was stuck to her body like sceond skin, she was wet and cold and depressed perfect situation to make stupid choices. Rain started to pour even harder, she yelled back, "Only if you give me a ride in your car."

**

Did you notice something? It's a story about another Goswami. This story will be full of simple cute romantic moments.