Star-Glazed #4

It took a moment before Lavanya realized that she was at work. She saw everyone that was present in the lobby, staring at the elevator. She also noticed Arjun, who was still standing there but was looking at her. He smiled at her, thinking it was because she saw such a big star.

"Guys, it's an honor to host such a big star. Let's do our best." Arjun cheered before leaving.

The day remains uneventful after that, Lavanya rushed home after her shift.

*
"You are a star, but you are behaving like you are starstruck." Dansih chided Advik after he did not go out of his bed all day.

"What are you saying? Please, do not say that you were not a little bit affected by her." Advik asked, lying on his stomach.

Dansih shook his head. He was looking down at him, hands on his hips. He was sure his friend would kill him if he told him that he was also mesmerized by her. But he decided to stay mum.

"She is a goddess. It's like Aphrodite herself came here for me." Advik commented.

"Don't compare her with a goddess."

Advik sat up immediately, "Why? Are you blind? Personally, I think she is even more beautiful. Haven't you noticed? She became more fair. Her cat's eye is even more beautiful with eyeliner she applied. Her lips that looked like kiss me woth that light gloss. How can anyone deny her beauty?"

"Dude, calm down. You sound like a stalker not a fan." Danish, calm him down. "Let's go downstairs and enjoy the food in the restaurant. It would be good for us and the hotel. To be seen in public."

"No." The star denied instantly. "What if she'd be there. I don't want to be lip tied again. She is so beautiful."

Dansih slaped his back hard. "Please, man. Now you are acting like a teenager who just experienced puberty. You are making me doubt your sanity. Plus, I have already confirmed. She is off her shift."

After some more banter, Advik and Danish went to the restaurant they heard about. It was the first time in six months when he would be seen in public place again.

*

The next morning, Advik realized that he may have acted rather irrational last night, so he decided to work his charm around his love. He was sure Lavanya would fall for him in a matter of time, and this time, he would not give up until she was his.
He went for breakfast before he would work on his plan. True to the reviews on the internet, the food here truly raises the standard. For the last six months, he was craving food of high quality.

After breakfast, he went to the reception, and to his delight, he was standing in front of Lavanya.

Lavanya thought of taking a day off but couldn't as her contract came with no weekdays off for 6 months, and her manager would eat her alive if she even thought about it. So here she was, politely smiling at her dreaded nightmare, Advik Chakraborty.

"Hello Sir, what can I do for you today.?" She asked.

Advik looked at her nameplate and frowned when he saw her last name, Bhede. "Lavanya Bhede?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." She confirmed without wavering her smile, which did not reach her eyes.

Nevertheless, Advik smirked, "I know someone with the exact same face and name. The last name was slightly different. Salgaonkar, maybe. Yes. Right, Lavanya Salgaonkar. Have you ever heard the name of that actress."

Lavanya was sweating now under her dress, but her acting skills were still up to mark if she judged herself. "No." She replied curtly.

"What can I help you with, sir?" Sana came out of nowhere and asked Advik. Advik looked at her for a moment. She was very fair, brown eyes, small, and beautiful, but not anywhere in comparison to his Lavanya.