HEA #6

Saving Love

Fifteen days later, Veer reluctantly signed the last file of the day. Fifteen more days and this company would be his cousin's, Vikas. Not only this, when he went home that fateful day, he found it empty, he tried to call Deep but her phone was in her room which was still intact, none of the things were missing, she left him without letting him explain what happened. She did not showed up at office either and his HR department told him that she already presented her resignation letter.

Today he would go to his grandfather, he called him for another urgent reason, maybe his auntie acted up again or maybe he'd be up his ass to get married. He sighed. Veer was going to introduce Deep to his grandfather and the world with a lavish party, he would throw, in the honor of acquiring his father's company and successfully completing one year with his wife.

Veer wanted to drown in his sorrows and alcohol but deciding against it, he went to his grandfather's mansion, outside the city.

He marched straight into his grandfather's room without knocking, but stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar figure standing by his old man.

"Deep?" He confirmed.

"Yes." She answered shyly.

"You can go to your room, Veer, and talk between yourselves. It's my time for a nap." Dev Pratap dismissed them.

Veer did not waste another second, he gently dragged Deep to far end of the mansion, into his room and close the door behind. Before she can say anything he engulfed her into bone crashing embrace which Deep reciprocated. After few minutes passed Veer let go.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left me? Your phone was in penthouse and you resigned and..." Veer raked his palm on his face rather forcefully. "And you left me without letting me explain." His voice sounded defeated.

"Left you?" Deep repeated. She looked at her husband sympathetically, "It's not your fault, anyone would've thought that." She grabbed Veer's hand and made him sit on the bed. "I am not someone who work on impulse. I didn't left you, I just ran to home. I... I was disturbed. Not because of you but because of Vikas."

"Vikas? My cousin?" Veer asked.

Deep nodded. "He was just appointed as new president of your company and he said that he was going to aquire it too. I ran to you to ask you about it and I saw you with your ex." She paused to take a long breath. "I did not ran away because of that," she continued, "I ran away because I couldn't breath. I couldn't think clearly because Vikas is my ex fiance." The shock on Veer's face couldn't be trade for life. He wanted to say something but his brain went blank.

"I ran home and typed my resignation letter. I just can't work there anymore, even if what he said was not true. I was about to call you when your grandfather's personal assistant showed up at front of your door, telling me that grandfather asked for my presences at once. I was skeptical about it at first but because I knew him, I went with him.

"Unfortunately I just packed for two days and forgot my phone in haste. When I came here you grandfather stopped me from communicating to you for your own benifit, whatever he meant. He told me how the company was your idea and that you managed it from outside the country while your grandpaa was just a face. I now also know about your blackmailing auntie.

"By the way, you don't need to worry about her anymore. She's been silenced by me and grandfather. I and he personally met all the board members and officially introduced myself as your wife, with marriage certificate." She winked at him. "Grandfather provided me with it. He called for me because we never met before, he asked me that if I am with you on any condition." Upon seeing rage on Veer's face, she put a palm over his chest to clam him down. "Don't worry. There is now misunderstanding between us. Infact he is the coolest person I have ever met."