HEA #2

First Impression

Next morning like a good mother Gauri send her lovely daughters to the school and like a good employee she get ready for a better impression on her new boss. To apologies for last night she decided to buy his favorite flowers, White Lilies, a fact she learned from her last boss, his father.

When she entered the office she saw few people around the new chairman's office. She looked down in her watch and thought that she is on time but the chairman was early. 'Shit... My first impression is going to be ruined.' She thought to herself running towards the cabin.

She passed the group of people knocked the door and get in. She was immediately welcomed with scent of flowers and a lovely lady smiling.

"Good Morning, Ma'am" she greeted her. "I'm Vartika. I am the new PA of Mr. President. " Gauri smiled at her, nodded in acknowledgement and greeted her back.

"I am Gauri Goswami. Head of Product Development Department." She informed her with a smile.

"Finally, I thought you never show up." Came a deep but stern voice. Both ladies looked at the direction of the voice source. A man clad in dark grey Armani suit, was heading out of the visitor lounge which was at the other end of the cabin.

'So he is the new boss', she thought to herself.

"Good Morning sir, I am Gauri..." she was interrupted by him.

"Yeah, yeah I already heard about you numbers of time. I was just wondering why you didn't came yesterday at the party even when my father, YOUR BOSS had personally invited you." His voice was calm but his eyes were saying otherwise. It was challenging and intimidating.

She was shocked unable to understand the behavior shown by her new boss. She then turned around and found his secretary standing there, eye shifting from her boss and his visitor. She instantly felt insulted. She looked back to the man at front and opened her mouth to say something but he beat her.

"Are these flowers for me? White Lilies. Hmm... looks like you did your homework. Where do you find that out?" he asked in same calm voice surely asking her from where she knew that Lilies were his favorite.

"I asked your father. MY BOSS", she said in calm voice but with a look which clearly said 'You just insulted a department head in front of your PA.' he must have gotten the message because he motioned his secretary to leave.

"You think that I'll be happy with that. My father was babbling about you all the time that how you are one of his best employe here. I actually had a good impression of you and was anticipating that I could finally meet my father's gem but you didn't showed up. You insulted him, ME" He said, "You are fired."

"WHAT?" The bouquet fall from her hand as soon as those words fall from his mouth. Her eyes were ready to bulge out of their socket and her mouth agape.

'Is he serious? Mr. Desai was a good man. How come his son is retarded? Just because I didn't attended his welcome party he is firing me. He's so full of himself. He is a moron.' She thought to herself.

"I am sorry," she picked up the bouquet and placed it on his working table. "You can't fire me sir just like that. There has to be a reason behind. I am working here for four years." She said.

He raised an eyebrow questioningly, "Oh really, and what if I do that? Beside four years is not a long time. People worked here for more than thirty years." His tone was challenging.

She took a deep breath and composed herself and a smirk formed as she thought something, and replied, "Because I have a six year contract with this company."