15

After an hour she got a call from the orphanage by Gautam uncle. She picked it up and answered

"Hello, Gautam uncle"

"Suru beta, there were some people from government who came at the orphanage. They showed me some papers and told me that the orphanage is illegal one and also the land was bought by you illegally."

"What!!!!?, How can that be!? I have all the real documents related to the ownership of that land and also I have the documents of the orphanage as well. How can they say it was illegal!? " Sarah said standing up from her chair with a jerk, dumbfounded about what he said.

"Beta I also don't how. But they show me all the real documents and when showed ours, the prosecutor with them told us that ours won't be acceptable in court."

"Then what they said us to do?"

"They said to give up on the orphanage."

"But how...all these years it was all fine then why now? It must be something else. Uncle did something unusual happen at the orphanage recently?" Sarah was sure it is someone's doing otherwise why there would so much complain after all those years of peace.

"Mmmm......yes,yes, yes... I remember... I remember now. It must be Singhania group's work. They acquired all the northern area's land except ours because of their planned project. They also called me consistently, pressuring me to give up on the land but I didn't budge, because I know how much this land and orphanage means to you beta. It must be them."

"Singhania group??"

"Yes, they are definitely behind this."

"Okay, don't worry. I will go to their company and talk to them. You just take care of you and children and don't worry, I will handle here." Sarah said assuring him of something she is even not sure of.

"Okay beta, take care of yourself too. And if you can't, just tell me. I still have some connections left in police department."

"Don't worry uncle, I will handle it. Bye" Sarah said then hung up the phone with a sigh."what will uncle do when it is the order of upper government official? But it is really becoming difficult. She is...she is.. really tired now. Mummy, Paa why did you left me alone? You should have taken me with you. You know I am... I am really tired. 'taking deep breaths' No ...no I can't loose myself like this, I have to be stronger for protecting my people. Yes, I have to be strong. Let's go Sarah, get this over. I am my parent's princess who never backs down."

She closed the file she was working on then started her research about Singhania's planned projects. There recent projects, the projects they working on. Then about recent business trend. She read and grasp the conclusions as fast as she could. After three hours she left her office. She directly drove towards Singhania Group of Companies' headquarter.

Currently, Sarah was wordlessly driving her own car towards a certain destination thinking of reasons to meet him. She got a call from an unknown number, someone spoke from other side,

"Sarah, If you want your orphanage to be safe meet me at Leat Café now in room no. 3" then the call was cut off.

Sarah pressed the brakes and stopped the car listening to the voice. The voice was quite familiar. She then didn't think of anything and directly drove towards the said destination.
In just five minutes she reached at the café. After entering the café she directly walked towards room no. 3. Looking at the person sitting there, she was shocked."what the!!?, Why would she do this!?" She then took a seat opposite that person.

"Aunty, is it really you?" Sarah spoke with an unbelievable expression.

"I know beta, you are shocked but I have to do this for my son and his happiness." Ritika said holding Sarah's right palm in her hands.

"What!!? How is your son's happiness is related to Happiness Orphanage?" Sarah asked in a confused tone.

"Beta, I know it sounds ridiculous but what can I do? I am a mother who wants best for her children. I am friends with Tirtha's mother, Niharika from her I came to know that Tirtha and you are partners as well as best friends. Her mother kept praising you. I talked to her about my son and your marriage but she said that you are never ready to be married. And my son doesn't believe in love, but I know if you would be in his life, he would understand the true meaning of life, he will be able to love someone too."

"But how all this things related to me or my Orphanage?"

"Beta Sarah, I want you to marry my son." Ritika said pleadingly.

"Aunty I understand that you like me. And I also like you. You are great mother. Whenever I see you, it reminds me of my mother. But aunty this is completely wrong, you can't force someone like this."

"Beta I know, I am also feeling guilty but as long as I can make up to my son I am ready to do anything. Aren't you also ready to do anything for those children in the orphanage? I hope you understand me and marry my son, only then beta you will be able to save your orphanage. Please, a mother is pleading you." Ritika said choking on her words.

After what look like a decade and much contemplation, Sarah sighed heavily, "Okay aunty but I don't have my parents and I also don't know what to do in marriage." "I am gonna add one more misery in my life, but it is nothing new is it? As long as orphanage is safe, I would even marry a devil. So a loveless marriage is nothing but I can see Ritika aunty is really overconfident for me"

"Thank you so much, Thank you so much. I am really really happy." Saying Ritika stood up from her chair and hugged Sarah with happiness written all over her face, "and don't worry about marriage preparation, I talked to Niharika, she said you are like her daughter so if I make you agree on this marriage, they will take care of your marriage as complete family."

"Aunty, what about your son?"

"Don't worry, I will take care of him."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊

Please comment guys, it really means a lot to me,
Thanks 🙏