36

A furrow finally appeared between Aryan's brows.

"Leave with me."

With that, he did not explain anything and just dragged her out by the hand.

"Ah!"

Caught by fear, Sarah shrieked and stumbled after him out of the hall.

"Aryan, walk more slowly! Where are you pulling me, anyway?"

Amid her restlessness, she followed behind him out of the door.

"Aryan, what are you doing?!"

From the moment she was dragged out of the place, the man had not spoken a word to her and just maintained a grim face. At this, she was piqued.

Although his appearance and words gave her a terrible shock, she... did not like him treating her like this.

"Aryan, you're hurting me!"

She swung her arm but was unable to release her hand from his grip.

The man, who had been maintaining his silence as he walked forward, halted his steps upon hearing her pain-filled scream.

"Why didn't you atleast tell me? Why were you hiding it for so long? You never believed me even once."

Although he loosened his hand slightly, his grip was still firm.

It was as if... he feared her suddenly disappearing. Raising her head, she looked into his deep-set eyes, which were silently staring back at her, and inexplicably felt a little guilty and sheepish inside.

"Forget it. Get in the car."

As he said that, he pulled her toward the car parked by the roadside.

"Get in the car? Why should I do that? Where are we going?"

"You'll know once we get there."

As it was moonsoon, the night sky was pitch black.

Sitting in the passenger seat, Sarah was cowed by the tension she perceived in the air.

She furtively peeked at his face. Under dim yellow lights, his cold face made her feel a little sheepish.

He looks really mad...

He seems really bothered that I haven't told him all this while.

"That... Aryan, where are you taking me? Are we going to lawyer's"

She blinked and softly questioned the man, whose eyes remained fixed ahead as he drove.

"You'll know once we get there," he replied coldly.

"..."

His cold attitude made Sarah purse her lips in silence.

Of course, how could the man sitting next to her not detect her dissatisfaction from his answer?

He glanced at her briefly but kept his mum and just directed his gaze forward again.

The car slowly drove into a dark forest amid this silence and tense atmosphere.

Noting that the surroundings were getting darker and the trees were growing denser, the confusion in her heart rose.

"Aryan, where in the world are you taking me?"

She turned to look at the man with baffled eyes.

The car suddenly came to a stop at this point.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to address her. "We're here. Get down."