27

Sarah's POV

I chilled with Pooja and Neha for the rest of the day.

At night i returned to our room. Aryan glanced at me and walked to the couch.

I moved to bed. I turned to left side to see him. I saw him sleeping.

"Aryan, are you sleep?" I asked.

"Yes" Aryan said with closed eyes.

"Do you want to talk about something with me?" I asked when the my real intention is completely opposite.

"If you wanna ask me something, then ask. Don't hesitate." Aryan said turning to my side catching my eyes.

"Aryan?" I hesitated.

"Yes Kitty?" He asked still staring at me.

"Why don't you... Why don't you believe in love? And why didn't you want to marry?" I asked him curiously.

This was the question about him which got me curious.

He just stared at me blankly.

"What is true love for you? Do you believe in true love?" He asked.

"For me love?, Mmm... i think In a truly loving relationship, you and your partner will respect each other's boundaries because you understand that is what you both need in order to feel safe. You won't ask each other to compromise those boundaries, because you know that would mean asking someone to compromise their safety or health for you. Love should feel authentic. True love feels like knowing you are protected within the shared space of your relationship, emotionally, physically, and mentally. True love feels like looking at the other, and knowing that they are really looking back at you, not a projection of the person they think you should be. This also means that you and your partner will prioritize each other's happiness even when things get messy. Now it's your turn, answer my question" i asked still looking at him. I like looking into his eyes. I feel safe and secured. My safe universe. I decided whenever i want to escape from this world, i will always look into his eyes.

"My parents had a love marriage. They were madly in love with eachother. They both took care of eachother's every detail. Then i was also born as a symbol of their love. I always thought i am really lucky to have parents who love eachother truly. But everything changed when i turned 15. My father started to go astray. The money and fame got over him. He started to have affair with younger girls. He died in a car accident with his mistress. My mom was truly broken from inside because of his betrayal. My happy family turned into despair just because of his betrayal. My trust in love broke looking at my mother's despair and her silent tears for my father. It makes people pathetic, it makes people to loose their everything. That is why i decided to never fall in love with anyone." He said with a sigh at the end. I can see pain in his eyes. He must be feeling really vulnerable losing his father and mother at the same time. Even though he got his mother back, it stills pain him.

"But don't you think it is unfair to judge a thing with only from one perspective. Yes, i understand that it would have affected you a lot but it is just unfair to stop yourself from loving someone. You know, My parents also loved eachother. My father was an orphan, he was working in my grandpa's firm as an investment banker. My grandpa saw his true potential and married him to his daughter. They eventually fall in love. Because of my mom's support and encouragement, he became one of the top investment advisor and because of his encouragement, my mom started her culinary institute. They both loved eachother, supported eachother in every trouble, happiness or problems, whatever it was they did it together. You know love is always like this, it helps to reach at the top of the mountain. It is also the one who pushes you down from the top, but you don't regret because at least once, you were at top of the mountain." I said looking at the ceiling reminiscing about my parents.