A new year

Giyuu sighed as he loaded his boys onto the train. He knew he'd see them in a few hours but he was still a little worried.

They'd had trouble with the barrier this morning and had nearly been late. But they simply used the floo go get to the other side and boarded the train.

He waved them goodbye as he held Dudley's kitten, Oreo. He sighed and floo'd his way to Hogwarts. He landed in the main floo station in the teacher's lounge.

Minerva looked up and smiled. Rengoku was sitting in a chair, anxiously twirling a pen. Giyuu sat next to him and plopped the cat in his lap, startling him.

He looked at the cat and smiled softly, muttering a soft thank you to Giyuu. Giyuu just rested his head on his shoulder a bit, feeling sleepy.

Minerva smiled as she watched the two. They acted like little kids at times like this. It reminded her of Sirius and Remus as kids.

Her smile became sad as she left the room to start preparing her class. Giyuu and Rengoku separated, with Giyuu cleaning and sharpening swords, Rengoku getting lesson plans pinned to the board.

Giyuu finished relatively fast and went to the main hall for dinner, Oreo trotting alongside him. He chuckled as the cat leapt at his ankle, attempting to bite him.

He scooped the cat up and set him on his shoulder. "No biting my ankles Oreo."

The cat just started to tug his hair gently before burying it's head in his neck. He laughed a bit before entering the hall. The teachers were setting up and he could hear some quiet chatter outside the doors rapidly approaching.

He quickly helped with the bbn last table before they all took their seats, the doors opening on their own. Students flooded in and Rengoku fidgeted a little next to him.

Giyuu just smiled, happy that he was back. He spotted Harry, Hermione and Draco together heading to the Slytherin table.

The older years took their seats as Minerva walked outside to grab the new first years. Giyuu watched them trickle in, seeing a shy looking Dudley talking to a dreamy seeming blonde girl.

"Tomioka, Dudley!"

Dudley's name was the fourth called and he stepped up, sitting on the stool and letting the hat fall atop his head. Around ten seconds passed before the hat screamed.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" Giyuu clapped for him and sent him an encouraging smile. The timid boy quickly took his seat at the house of the badgers.

Dudley smiled weakly at Harry who sent him an approving nod. Giyuu watched the rest of the students get sorted and smiled as everyone ate a lovely dinner. He was annoyed that Lockheart was still a teacher but he'd have the boys bring some people to him for tutoring.

He ate his dinner slowly as he watche the new first years look at the ceiling in our shock and joy. A smile crept onto his face as he watched Dudley point out a shooting star.

Snape nudge him. "Your last name is Tomioka. Is that boy your son?" He asked, getting the attention of the teachers.

He shook his head. "No but I am his legal guardian. I let him have my last name so he didn't have to remember his parents." Snape nodded, a look of understanding flash in his eyes.

As students were led to their common room, Giyuu let Oreo run to Dudley. He smiled as the boy held his cat with a very gentle touch.

He stood and left the hall alongside Rengoku who was smiling. He'd heard the conversation about Dudley and planned to send a letter to their master about it.

Because it meant the master's plan was working. The master had lied about Giyuu being the only one up for the job; they all knew english.

He'd only done it so Tomioka would heal from past wounds. And it seemed like it was starting to work. Rengoku smiled softly as he watched the man hum and fix a picture frame from Harry's birthday on the mantle.

He went to his room and laid down, falling asleep. Giyuu stayed up for a little while longer, choosing to use the house elves to check on all the students, even Ron. He knew he was harsh on the boy but he needed to make sure he was alright.

He fell asleep on the couch that night after the last report and Ceclia, a hogwarts house elf, magically moved him to his bed and tucked him in.

The first week was a blur. New students that were scared to handle swords, overconfident kids attempting to deadlift to much for their current physique, a student or two trying to steal a sword because they thought it was cool and finally, those who were already good at handling a sword.

Many of the students who kept their swords were showing amazing improvement in their stances. Hermione herself was already at a basic Tsuguko level.

Giyuu decided at the end of the year, he'd get consent from her and her family to allow her to graduate his class early and head out to Japan.

Rengoku had started a different class after all. Weight training. It wasn't mandatory and was open to all years. Unsurprisingly, it became popular fast.

Giyuu was currently directing a first year Colin Creevey. He lowered the boy's arms a little and used his foot to correct his left leg. He stepped back.

"Now try to swing." Colin grunted and lifted the sword, bringing it down. Then repeating as many times as he could.

Giyuu looked at the class of first years. Pride swelled up as he thought of them.

But the lingering thought of the uppermoon's offer lingered, tainting his mind.