CHAPTER 1 : Run!!

Nunew POV

Run! The only words I kept chanting in my mind as I wheel my feet without clear direction. My irregular breath come in loud sound ,filling my lung with oxygen. My eyes trembling, roamed around my way. The sky have turned pitch black as I run towards a dark tunnel. No street lamp accompany my step. Rain start pouring on me and I'm wet in a second. The tears are mixed with the rain water. I stumbled on the muddy path. Where am I? My hands clutch to the ground as my body start weakened with what had just happened to me. My eyes squints when I saw a bright light coming to my direction, giving a stinging pain. I can't focus. My eyes are bulging but still the reflected vision not coming to my sight. I don't know how long I have been running away from the hell, my uncle had created for me. I can't bear it any longer. It was getting too hard. My body, my soul will died in no time if I stay there. This was the only way for me to survive. I don't want to die ..pleeaase. The screeching tires come to halted in front of the scrumbled me.

An older guy with Armani's three suit walking approach me as he crouching down. He flashed a smile conveying a good gesture. He looks like at his 70's judging by the looks. There are wrinkles at the corner of his eyes. He led out his hand and I look at him, panicked. 'What are you doing here?' his eyes falling to the purple mark all over my arm in sympathy. I was near the forest area. No car was seen along my way but here he is. My throat felt dry ,not letting out a word. I was scared indeed. Who would not ,when a stranger act this friendly. I slide backward as my arms supporting my weight. 'Come with me' he asked softly but I flinch ,pulling my feet together. 'Take my hand.. I promise I won't hurt you' I shook my head as tears rolling down. 'You can have this.. ' he reach my hand putting the taser in my hold. A weapon in case he hurt me. One of the way to asked for my trust.

The car start moving but my eyes stood low, still in fear. My thumbs and index finger fidgeting ,to let my mind occupied. I hold the taser firmly in my hand. The atmosphere in the car was filled with silence. The rising panic make me catch my breath harder. The old man sat far from me probably know I'm in the state of self defense. It took almost one hour to reach the destination when the car stopped in front of a large house lined around the lake. More like a mansion. Or a castle? My bare feet step outside, on the ground. I kept my footstep low and advancing to the entrance door. Instantly, the old man creak the door opened and the hall come to my view. The inside appear fancy and impressive with the chandelier hanging above me. The walls in a light yellow giving off the cheerful vibrant. The decoration doesn't suit my shabby clothes at all. A shirt that covered with mud and I know its smelled. I look up to the old man besides me. His hand was shoved inside the pocket. I was too drown in impression that I forget where I was. 'You can eat, shower, and sleep here.. Don't ask, just do whatever you want' he spoke and I nodded understanding. I got no choice but to trust him. At least, he is better than my uncle.

I have spent half an hour under the warm water but it seem not enough. I can't remember when is my last shower. I shampooed with the fruity apple scent of bath soap. My eyes latched on my ankle that have turn green and the flashback on how I got hurt. Accidently, the thud of the bottle as it hit the floor make me jumped off. The image of hockey stick swayed before hitting me come swiftly across my mind. The tears rolling down as I cupped my ears tightly with my hands. No! That is not real! My mind reeling and I keep remind myself everything is not real. I fall down pressing my hand on the shower floor. I was stuck there. The cell that was placed underground. I was lock there with only a mattress and old blanket at the corner. The blood stain was all over the floor. Only god knows for how long I have been trapped there. Everyday has been a nightmare to me.  He is an animal. I don't know why they do that. My body radiates the unbearable pain when the flashback took me over. The voice of me begging are now become music in my mind. I was hurt physically and mentally. My body become numb before I could acknowledge it. I wish I can shout for help but my jaw felt like being sewn. I heard the familiar voice. Him! The sound of the hockey stick being dragged was vividly heard though my ears.  He stood in front of me ,loosened his tie and rolling up his sleeve. 'M-Master' that's what I used to call him. I don't even know his real name. I could see the anger in his eyes .I whimpered in pain when the hockey stick hit my body mercilessly. 'Plea-pleasee stopp' I cried but nobody come to rescue. His pleasure was my torture.

It tooks a while before I gained myself to the reality last night. I squint my eyes opened when the sun ray come through the window. A knock on the door got me scared on who could be on the other side. Only I know how the door knock traumatized me. For once, I want to let everything behind. I gather my courage getting up and twist the door knob opened. 'I have prepared the food downstairs' one of the housemaid said in polite manner. 'T-Thhank yo-ou' I nodded stiffly. I am not used to be treated this nice. For once, let me find my own happiness.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi, welcome to my next work, 'my life line'. I wrote this story based on one of my readers suggested plot but there are a slight alteration in the story line. Most of it ,I got the inspiration from other novel and also I used a lot of reference in the process. Btw, I would drop a chapter a day at this hour. Looking forward for your vote and comment 😉.