CHAPTER 5 : Warning

Zee POV

After meeting with the project manager, I found myself in the office, resting on my swiveled chair. Monday. I let out a small sigh. The first working day of the week. Its normal to laze around. Out of sudden, my office door burst open and stood in front of me is grandpa with anger dripping down his face. 'ZEE!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!' the voice is thundering. I jumped up from my seat. God! What I got myself into? 'Grandpa...why are you here?' I asked. 'What have you done to nunew?!' he growled, not answering my question. I can't lie that I was frightened by this old man aura. Is it too much if I print him as the most ruthless person I ever witnessed? He could even fired his workers directly when they didn't reach his target. He will do anything to achieve what he desired.  'Did he.. tell you?' stuttering, I walk closer to him. 'ENOUGH !! You are being too much..!! I didn't raise you to become such a useless person! You are nothing but a burden!! You should feel ashamed of yourself ! Apologize to him! Got it?' he snapped and walked out of the office. I frown in confusion. Is he angry because of that boy? What is he? Confusions and irritation form in my eyes. This wasn't the first time grandpa become angry but when he scold me because of that boy... I feel.. Angry. Sad. and Annoyed.

Nunew POV

The door creaking and I hear the footstep behind me. I shut my eyes as I snuggle deeper inside the blanket. Grandpa already know about it. I don't know how, and it is not because of me for sure. I never told him anything, even a word. I even wear a clothes that can cover all the hickeys after that night. The dark room turn dim bright when hia switch on the bed lamp. He placed himself at the bed side, beside me and his finger trailing my face. 'Stop shitting on me..I know you are awake' he muttered but it going through clearly my ears. I can smell his whiskey breath fanning my cheeks. My eyelids opened and I push myself up, sit, facing him. He looks miserable. The shirt was crumpled and his hair is messy. I look down on his hand and stumbled on our wedding ring. I like when he wear it. The only thing we had in common. 'Grandpa said I'm a burden' he chuckles. I could see the clear looks of annoyance and sadness on his face. 'I didn't..-' as I about to explain myself ,he cut off. 'I hate you..I hate everything about you... I hate your presence... I hate when grandpa defend you.. I hate that we are married.. I hate you are here' he confessed. Gentle but the words cut through my flesh sharply. Hearing those hateful words, my eyes welled with tears. Drunken man spoke the truth, isn't it? 'I will make your life a living hell.. everyday is torturous until you, yourself will ask for divorced.. You..are only a curse in my life' his cold dark eyes piercing through my soul. He get up and walked away but his step paused by my words. 'I didn't ask for this...' I sobbed as I hide my cry hardly. My nose and eyes reddened with the tears. He turned his face to the side, over his shoulder and choose to continue his step. Leaving me.

Our marriage have reached two months old but nothing have change in our relationship. But I could say, it become worse. I become a slave on his will. I rarely met grandpa as he joined the international volunteer organization since last month. It focused on issues of global concerns , so sometimes, he travelled to overseas for few weeks. It just me and Hia in this house on the weekend .When he threatened me that night, I thought I got nothing to lose but he.. he make me lose myself. I think I love him. I don't know when..when I start to fall for him.. I just began to realize that by time. I keep forgiving him everytime he hurt me. Although sometimes, he did bring back my past pain, his presence make me feel safe. He make me feel secured. He was my lifeline.

It's the weekend. The hot vapor and the woody aroma from the tea invaded my brain. I was preparing for hia's tea time when I feel his presence behind me. His hands snake around my waist as he lean his chin on my shoulder. 'I found this in the drawer.. is it yours?' his voice echoed clearly through my ears. I look down on the card he was holding. I almost forget. It belonged to the guy I met accidentally at the lake last month. I never meant to keep the card or give him a call but I just ...arghhh.. I should throw it away as soon as I enter the house. 'So..it was really yours' he guessed without waiting for my answer. Even with the low and soft voice ,I know he is raging with anger. Closing in, his chest are against my back, his hand restricting my movement. My body tremble in our closeness .He grab one of my wrist and soaked it in the teapot ,made me gasp out loud. I flinched by the water temperature but he held my hand still. 'Hiaaa...its hot' I whimpered in pain. 'I know it's hot, so.. you might as well answer my question nicely...Do you keep his number?' he whisper sending jolt of chills through my body. 'No..uhhh' I answered ,almost screaming when I feel the sting on my skin. Tears start flowing down my cheeks. My breath hitched in messy rhymes. 'I hope you know, how much I hate liars' he said as he grip my hand tighter. 'Pleaseee hiaa...I...I swear.. I didn't' my words shivered. He leans close to my side. 'As long as this ring stuck on your finger..You. Are. Mine.. don't you think for f*cking second I'll let you forget it' He took my hand out of the pot as he dragged my waist to the sink besides. Holding my blistered hand under the faucet, he let the cold water streaming down my hand. I sobbed hardly when the sting flashes going through my hand. 'This is just the trailer of what I will do if you cheat on me.. try me and you will find out' his gruff voice cut through the crisp air as he turn me around, facing him. He stretched his arm ,reaching the first aid kit on the shelf, above the sink. Silence are filling the void between us. I glance up looking at  him under my lashes. He was so focused dressing up the wound he create on my hands. He looks up meeting my teary eyes. His thumb gently wipe off the tears that sliding down my cheeks as if that could make everything better. 'Go to rest' he instruct and I nodded obeyed.