CHAPTER 6 : Rejecting

Nunew POV

I was on my way downstairs when I heard a faint conversation from living hall. Who it might be? My head peeked down from the void of staircase and saw a bald old man with a guy sitting across grandpa. Maybe his friend? Their back is facing me. I walked down the stairs and finally reached the hall. One of the housekeeper walked past me as she carrying a large tray of coffee and snacks to serve the guest. 'Sawadee krub' I put my hands together ,waii politely. Everyone turn their head and give me a warm smile. 'Good thing you are here, new.. He want to meet you' grandpa smiles and my gaze abruptly shifted to the young guy. I have met him somewhere. Ouhhh.. That handsome stranger! So ,he was with grandpa that day? My brain working hard ,recall the name that I saw on his business card. It was a quick short look ,so I could hardly remember it. Besides him, the old man that have a look of a life well lived, having a sip on the cup of coffee. 'I heard you have met him before?' that bald old man asked. 'It was a coincidence meeting ' I answered casually, feeling uncomfortable with the current situation. I don't want Hia to misunderstood. Luckily, hia are now out, working. 'New.. maybe we can take a walk while I'm still here?' that stranger's gaze lingered on me, being friendly as ever. I totally aware that I can't ignore his request or it will look rude, while the older are watching. Besides, I hate being centre of attention. So I just nodded agreeing.

I walk through the fallen leaves of the road trail in fast paces, leaving him steps behind. Mike! His name is Mike. That name suddenly pop out in my mind after a while as I squeezing my brain out. 'I was waiting for your call' he suddenly said and I turn myself facing him. What does he mean? I let out a short sigh. 'I am married' declaring ,I show him the wedding ring on my finger. He should be more aware of our boundary. 'I know.. but I also know you are not happy' he said and I frown my brow in anger. I don't like when a nobody interfere in my personal life. 'I saw the bruise on your hand.. your ankle and now..' his eyes pointed on the gauze wrapped around my hand. It was the blistered wound I got few days ago but its getting better. 'Stop judging by the chapter you walked in on, sir... You don't know anything about me' I said firmly ,having he smirked in mock. 'Judging? I know what zee do to you that night.. right in front of the crowd.. I was there' he took the breath in sharply. His expression clearly masked in furious. Silence . 'You won't understand..' I muttered as I shook lightly. My eyes lowered before I start walking away, but he grabbed my wrist , turning me in one swift motion and slammed our body together. My hands automatically form a fist pushing his chest off me but the hold is getting tighter. He seem to be stronger. 'You are right..I don't understand.. I know nothing about you...So make me understand.. give me a chance to learn more about you..I can treat you much better' he said gently. Our face are close enough, that a slight careless movement could collided our lips together. Even ,I can hear the breath he exhale. 'I love Hia..Just him..I know he'll bring me only pain but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.. I love that feeling more than everything.. the feeling of loving him.. so stop coming after me..! I don't want to waste your time on that one sided love of yours' I slowly turn my face to the side. I feel guilty but I can't find another way to explain to him.

I sit on the bed, fidgeting my finger in vigorous motion. What happened between me and Mike earlier is disturbing. Should I just say the truth to Hia? I don't want him to find out later. It could be worse. My mind battling with my heart. I close my eyes for a while and as I regained my vision, Hia was standing at the corner staring at me. The towel still wrapped on his waist. 'Stop doing that..It will become your habit' he said blankly as he reached his folded pajamas. I furrow my brow, without words. What? I look down on myself confusedly. What is he talking about? 'Your finger..you have been flickering for almost half an hour since I got back.. that could even start a fire' he buttoning up his shirt and walk to the other bed side. I clasp my hand together and bite my lower lips before I speak. 'Hiaa... I have something to tell you' I said while he tucked himself inside the blanket. 'Tomorrow.. I'm tired' he lay on his side ,backing me. 'It's important' my voice cracked, afraid. 'Don't make me angry! Go to sleep' his stern voice fill the air and I lay on my back, letting out a short sigh.

Sleeping peacefully, I cradle a pillow to my chest. I turned my head and found an empty side. My eyes are heavy but I still grab my phone slide it on. 8 o'clock. Where did he go this early morning? Usually hia will get ready by 10 a.m. I stir around and my gaze stumbled on the sticky note placed at the bed side table.

'I will be away for 3 days... Sunday, 7 p.m. ,you got an event to attend with me...The suit should be send by tomorrow .. get ready..I'm gonna pick you up right after I landed'

I sighed exhaustedly. This will be the third event I have been attended this month. He give me no choice. He is the CEO of company so he better bring his partner together or else it will create a bad rumour on his marriage life. I think that was it! Or maybe he got other reason to bring me along?