CHAPTER 13 : The Truth Unfold

Nunew POV

In the eight hours I've been in bed, I must have woke up for ten times. It was a sleepless night. I want so much to not think of it all. About Hia. He was a conflicting thought of my torture. Lying on the bed with the mist air of lonely, I stare aimlessly up to the ceiling. After what happened last night, I was back in my own home. Not because I want to. But because of Ariana. She asked me to if I really care for Hia. That woman. I don't know who she is. Something seems off. Something that I'm not quite aware of. Waking up, I walked out of the room and throw myself on the sofa. My throat felt dry but I was too lazy to grab a glass of water. Resting my head back, I dive into my thoughts. I hold my phone up to my eyes level and dialled for Mike but I still couldn't reach him. Here go another problem. I heaved a deep sigh. He disappear after last night. I call him several times since yesterday but there are still no sign of him. He didn't return the call. I slammed my phone down on the coffee table when I noticed a piece of paper was placed under the piles of book. Handwritten. It was not here before. Picking it up, I read it line by line.

'The past years have been amazing with you nunew. If there is anything that I could be thankful of..it is you coming into my life. It seems unbelievable for us to end up this way. I want you to know that I admire everything about you ..your simple gesture...your words.. your way of talking. I love how you make me feel. Being apart doesn't change how I feel about you. Remember that I love you.

I want to speak the complete truth through this letter. It is better to tell you now. I have found out long ago.. Zee was diagnosed with Othello syndrome. He become overly obsessive over you and that give him delusion of jealousy. Grandpa know about it. And so do I but I hide it from you. I'm sorry. I want to grab the chance..in hope that it will divert your feelings but I was wrong. You love him and he do loves you, nunew. He don't want to hurt you so he had it treated for those two years. Why he let you go? You need to find that out by yourself. Give him time. Doesn't it sounds cool of me, huh? Handing the person I loved to someone else. I was willing to make the sacrifice but it was hard to watch you taken by another hand. I will be back whenever I'm ready. Being with you, I learn love is not about possession but it is about appreciation. If he ever hurt you again, I will always waiting for you. Don't feel bad. I just can't lie to myself. I do love you and I don't know how long this feeling will last.'

Sat there frozen as a statue, million thought racing through my mind before I snapped back to reality. There is some guilt inside me. Mike was a part of my chapters. I can't love him more than friends. I was not angry when he hide the secret about Hia from me but I felt more to disappointment. Both in Mike and Hia. Blending all that happened in past, everything make a sense. My eyelids dropped as I clenched my temple in frustration. My heart began to act the way I wasn't used to. Two years... It's been two years I have been waiting for hia. It's the time I confront everything. A lot of question left unanswered scrabbling inside my brain. I think I might freeze my brain so I wouldn't have to think what's happening. My eyes feels numb by all the crying. Leaving the house, I speed directly to the mansion.

Ease my car up the driveway, I park and get off hurriedly. Walking inside, I paused when my eyes stumbled on the luggage residing at the wall. Is he going anywhere? Again? Without explanation? Anger was poured on me. 'You shouldn't be here' his words are sharp as a needles. I turn around and stand facing him. My heart are thundering with the suppressing pressure. Do he need to keep hiding things from me? For what reason?  'Why? Because you are going to leave me again?' sarcasm was sounded through my sentence. His eyebrow knitted in confusion. There is a clear look of annoyance and anger on his face. The tense atmosphere filling the air. Those emotion looks like it's been regularly spread across his face. I will never backed down again. I will fight for him. Whatever the consequences will be. 'Stop running away from yourself... I know everything hiaa..!! Mike told me' I shouted. 'That doesn't change anything.. do you forget what happened last night... I did hurt you again..' his expression turned mellow after realization hit him hard. Walking approaching him, he cautiously take a steps back. 'Its better if we split up' he exhaled through his nose and said with his eyes lightly closed. 'I'm not giving you that option' I said in a stern voice but my eyes are fill with tears. 'Last night was not a big deal.. you stop yourself... I saw it' I choke on my own sob. 'Thats not it...that's not the point nhu... The fact that I thought of hurting you..I..I can't do this anymore.. I did exactly what I'm afraid of' his voice trembling as he look away from my gaze .I can't help throwing myself to him. I hate seeing him feeling vunerable like this. He is wearing a warm comfortable blue sweatshirt ,the evident he had a long journey ahead him. I have choose to trust him since the beginning. He has been meant so much to me. 'Nhuu..' he called softly and I shake my head in response as I burying myself into his chest. I'm not ready to hear anything that coming out from his mouth. Not now. I need his warmth for a moment. Pressing my body against him, my mind was at peace. 'Don't leave me' I plead. He softened at my words and slowly return my hug. In his arms, I felt the world stop on its axis. 'I have to' he replied and I began to sob hardly. 'Why? Hia please... What can I do to make you stay?' Loosened the hug, I look up to his eyes. 'You won't understand... I might never recovered.. Do you want to see me resenting myself everytime I hurt you?' both his hands cupping my cheeks as he wipes my tears off my face. He pushed me away gently.  Putting his passport into his large black suitcase, he walked out the house. A car pulled up into our driveway, waiting patiently for him to get in.